Chapter 43 - Aomine

Karasuno groaned as they finished up another set of diving drills for losing. The tension between the team was high, especially between the Kageyama and Hinata duo. The two were obviously not comfortable with each other, avoiding eye contact, not speaking, and even staying distances apart. It was like a couple who just broke up avoiding each other even though they're in the same class.

Like talk about awkward, sheesh.

Ukai crossed his arms, a crease between his brows. Takeda looked worried. "Everyone is tense with each other," he said, gazing at the boys. "Did (Y/N) come back after the talk outside?"

"No," Ukai replied, shaking his head. He looked away, grimacing when he felt Takeda's burning gaze at him. "Don't worry about her! She'll come back once she cools off."

"Those who do not aim to move forward will stand still in the road as the others pass ahead of them. People like that are not interesting at all, they don't deserve to be on the court."

Ukai pursed his lips. 'What a crude way of thinking.' He sighed. 'Was she trying to imply that if the boys don't change then she'll leave the club?'

Takeda smiled at him, eyes closed, but his aura was oozing with anger. "Did you forget that she has no sense of direction? Not only that, that was the first time (Y/N) has seriously gotten angry at the team and expressed it." Ukai felt sweat drip down his face as Takeda got closer. "Did I mention that she has no sense of direction and could be currently lost?"

"S-She has her phone with her!" Ukai retorted, shivering at Takeda's gaze.

"Call her then."

"I-I will!" Ukai stuttered and took out his phone. He called (Y/N) and nervously waited as his phone rang. His foot tapped against the ground and he started to sweat more at the piercing stare coming from his right. He then heard a click. "Ah! (Y-

"(N/N)'s lost and busy right now with me, so don't call again and interrupt us." a voice said from the other side and the call ended. Ukai and Takeda quietly stared at his phone, processing what just happened. That wasn't (Y/N)'s voice. It was a male's voice. Sweat ran down Ukai's body as Takeda seemed to have fire surrounding him. '(Y/N)! Why couldn't you just have a normal sense of direction for once and not cause me problems!'

Grabbing my phone back, I stuffed my hands in the pockets of my sweatpants, a frown on my face as I grumbled incoherent words. Walking angrily, my eyebrows kept twitching due to the person who followed behind me casually.

"Dammit!" Finally snapping, I swerved around, thrusting a finger into his chest. "How long are you going to follow me for?! I said I won't play a match against you! And shouldn't you be at practice or something?!"

He blankly stared at me with a mocking grin. "You're lost and aren't using your phone GPS because you are stubborn," he drawled out, twirling the basketball on his finger. "The court is right there, just play a match with me (N/N). Besides..." He looked me up and down, gently grabbing my finger and pushing it away from his chest. "You can blow off some steam as well."

'I haven't seen (N/N) angry in a long time... She usually keeps her emotions in check behind that mask of hers. Just who or what caused her to snap like this?'

"And what about practice?"

"I skipped."

'Typical. And here I was hoping he'd break that habit in high school like the others. Looks like he hasn't changed at all. He doesn't even listen to me anymore. Let's hope Tetsu and Taiga beating him will knock some sense into him.'

Standing in silence for a few moments, I sighed. 'Out of all the people in the city, I just had to run into you.' Taking a hand out of my pocket I raked it through my hair and looked up at him, he was patiently waiting for me to answer. "Fine, let's play some basketball, Daiki."

He grinned excitedly. "Let's go then."

"By the way, don't you have a game against Ryo tomorrow?" I asked, walking towards the court. Aomine followed behind me and he hummed, scratching the back of his head with his free hand.

"Kise? Yeah, but it's not like he can beat me," Aomine replied and I jabbed his hip with my elbow. "O-Ow! What was that for?!"

"Don't say that." I looked him in the eye. "Ryo... he's not as weak as he was back at Teiko. He and his team, they're pretty great y'know."

I smirked, eyes gleaming as Aomine looked down at me. He scoffed. "Kise was the weakest of us all, but if he has improved like you said then it'll be more fun to crush him." He looked at the court in front of us with a grim expression. "Afterall, the only one who can win against me, is me."

The wind blew and our surroundings seemed to become silent as I looked at Aomine who stood there looking all cool. 'God damn he looks cool and as much as I don't want to ruin his moment...'

"Daiki... Sei and I have beaten you before."

"Shut up (N/N)."

"You do remember that I have more wins than you Daiki," (Y/N) said, staring at her friend with eyes full of interest yet her posture was one of boredom. "What was the score again?"

"1200 matches, 521 wins, and 599 loses," he answered and she hummed, slightly shocked that he remembered.

"So I'm 78 wins ahead, huh." the blond smiled slightly, reminiscing of the past matches they had, in practice and outside of school. "To think we played so many matches against each other in less than two years... So this is gonna be number 1201... We really are addicted to basketball, aren't we?"

Aomine answered her with silence, closing his eyes as he held the ball in his hand. She let out a playful yet exasperated scoff. "Well then, let's have a good one... But we both know it'll end up in my favor again," (Y/N) mocked and her eyes seemed to be one of a predator looking at her prey. She licked her lips. "Win 600 here I come."

Aomine and (Y/N) stood in the middle of the court, facing each other as the blue haired male dribbled the ball. (Y/N) stood there uncaring before letting out a small sigh and slipping her hands out of her pockets, getting into a defending position. Their eyes were both closed as they stood there. It was silent, just the sound of the ball hitting against the court filled their ears. They both took a deep breath and opened their eyes. 

Then, they moved.

'Even though we say we are bored and hate basketball.'

The match between the Ace and Thief was just beginning.

'We both truly love it with all our heart.'

A/N : SORRY FOR A SHORT CHAP! I wanted it to be longer but school be breathing down my back I swear. 

ALSO THANK U FOR 160K READS!!! <3 I LOVE U ALL, HAND IN MARRIAGE? 

Next chap will be longer and show (Y/N) playing basketball for the first time. Huh, now that I think about it, y'all seen her play other sports besides basketball.

Anyways Aomine! Finally we get to see him and interact with my boi. The story is gonna be getting more interesting and I have an idea on how I wanna write the next few(?) chaps it since Aomine is gonna trigger something in (Y/N). When I think about Aomine and (Y/N) with their "lack of passion" for sports, they are quite similar with how they act and think.