Chapter 5 - Tetsu & Observing

Scanning the candy section of the store I intensely gaze at the sweets present. I can't decide whether I want the pocky or popsicles. If Atsushi were here he'd buy almost everything.

"Yosh! I'll just go with Nerunerunerune candy because I'm thinking of him," I mumble to myself and go to grab a box of them.

Grabbing a box of Nerunerunerune candy I start to walk to the front only to stop when I see the sport magazines. Putting the box under my right arm, I use my left hand to grab this month's version of Basketball Monthly. While going to reach for the last Volleyball Monthly my hand touches someone else's. Looking over I see a guy with brown hair and olive colored eyes. He seemed to be around 6'2 or 6'3 feet tall and he was wearing a purple and white tracksuit with the words 'SHIRATORIZAWA' on it.

Pulling my hand away I open my mouth to speak. "You can take it," I say and start to walk away from him with my box of candy and basketball magazine.

I head to the counter to check out to see a blond hair male reading a magazine. Placing the box of Nerunerunerune candy and the magazine on the counter the man looks up at me and I take out my wallet.

"Your total is 1000 yen," he says and I pull out a 10,000 yen bill. As I wait for my change I look through the Basketball Monthly magazine.

"Do you like basketball?" a deep voice from behind me asks and I look over to see the tall brown haired male.

"Yeah, I like all sports," I reply and continue to look through the magazine. "I'm only getting this magazine 'cuz my brother and his friends are in it again."

"Again?" he asks.

"Yeah, they've always been it since our first year of middle school," I absentmindedly replied and stop at the page where my brother is and show it to the male. He looks at Ryouta for a few moments and then looks back to me. "My brother."

I return back to the magazine and flip a few more pages until I hear, "Here is your change." I closed the magazine to grab my change. Putting my wallet away I grab my items and go to leave before I turn back to the two males.

"I hope both of you have a good day." With that I left the store and headed home.

Tuesday came quicker than expected and I groaned. I was too lazy to go to school. Maybe if I skipped they wouldn't care? But if I did I would have to make up a hell ton of work. AHHH HOW ANNOYING! Listening to my rational side I groggily get up from bed and go to get changed into my uniform. Unlike the other girls, I wore the guy pants because I didn't like how short the skirts were. I prefer comfy and casual clothes, the pants were made for me. After changing clothes I tie my blond hair in a high ponytail, my right ear piercing exposed.

Grabbing my bag and new version of Basketball Monthly I leave my house to get to school early. I didn't have time to actually read through the magazine because I was busy doing homework and watching volleyball videos, so I planned to read it at school. When I arrived at Karasuno High I decided to make a quick trip to the vending machine near the gym. Walking past the gym I hear the sounds of sneakers squeaking and balls hitting against the wooden floors. Taking a peek inside I see the boys volleyball team practicing.

I'll pull a Tetsu on them, I thought to myself and mischievously smiled as I used misdirection to walk into the gym and stand behind Daichi who was watching the team do drills. Quietly drinking from my can of coffee I watch the team spike and receive the volleyballs. There seemed to be a player that wasn't there doing the Seijoh game I watched. He was short and had spiky hair with a strike of blond dyed into his dark brown hair. His receives were experienced and nonchalant so I guessed that he was the libero.