Chapter 18 - Golden Week

It was around 7:50pm when we arrived at the Karasuno High School's training camp facilities which were used by extracurricular clubs. When we got off the bus I saw a surprisingly big facility instead of seeing a small cabin-like house.

"UOOOOH!" Shoyo shouted, making me flinch, his voice was full of excitement. "This is my first time!"

"Calm down a bit, will you?" Tobio snapped and Shoyo glanced at him.

"But I have never been to a training camp before!" he retorted and my eyes widened slightly. He has never been to a training camp before? I thought. Did he not go to one during his middle school years? I always went to one each year in Teiko.

Kei walked next to me, his hands in his pockets. "What's so fun about spending all day around this filthy bunch?" he mumbled, but Ryu-senpai and Yu-senpai seem to have heard him as they immediately whipped their heads towards him.

"Oi Tsukishima! You bastard, as long as Kiyoko-san and (Y/N) are within a 500m radius, there's no way this place will stink!" they both shouted at him in unison. I snorted.

Koshi-senpai walked by and turned towards the two. "Shimizu's house is nearby, so once she finishes her work she'll head home. That's always the case, you know?" At the same time the two both face planted onto the floor, looking deadly pale and dead. Koshi-senpai ignored the two and pranced away. I put a hand over my mouth to muffle my cackles. I knew it! I thought as I followed behind Kiyoko-senpai who was heading to the kitchen to cook food.

I helped Kiyoko-senpai and Takeda-sensei cook curry and rice, which came out delicious if I do say so myself. After dinner Kiyoko-senpai went back to her house, leaving me alone with the boys. Thankfully they let me take a bath first.

I was walking down the hall wearing shorts and a t-shirt, a cold drink in my hand. I turned the corner to see Shoyo and Ryu-senpai, but they didn't seem to notice me. I was going to call out to them until I heard Shoyo say, "There's... someone else... in this building."

"Oh?" I blurted out and then a malicious idea came to me. I smirked as I used misdirection to decrease my presence. I had an evilly good idea to scare them.

"Haah? That ain't possible. Our group's the only ones using the place today," Ryu-senpai replied and started to walk away, but Shoyo grabbed his shirt.

"B-But I definitely saw them." Ryu-senpai looked back at Shoyo and raised an eyebrow.

"What kind of guy was it?"

Shoyo went white and his eyes became void of emotion. "It was kinda... A kid." Ryu-senpai tensed and I giggled. They seemed to hear my giggle since they both tensed. "C-C-Could it be a ghost?!"

"D-Don't say thaaaaat!" Ryu-senpai shouted, afraid. "You must've seen something else like your reflection in the window or something! Ok! Nothing to worry about, let's head back to everyone else and it'll be fine. Everything will be fine, perfectly fine."

Then the sound of a foot hitting the tile resounded through the room. I tensed for a moment as well before looking over to see Yu-senpai. My eyes went wide when I saw his hair down, he looked good with it down.

"Eep!" Shoyo screeched. "There is isssss!!" he shouted and grabbed onto both sides of Ryu-senpai's towel which was hung around his neck.

"GYAAAA!"

"Huh? What are you all getting worked up about? You're gonna make Daichi-san angry, y'know." I slapped my hand over my mouth when I saw Ryu-senpai look at him with a blank face.

"That's just Noya dammit! What the hell was all that 'kid' stuff. You guys are practically the same height!" he shouted while slapping Shoyo's head and pointed to Yu-senpai. A smile twitched on my lips and Shoyo's next words almost had me tumbling with laughter.