Chapter 14 - The Winners and Losers (Finals Part 3)

"So what the hell are we gonna do now?" Kagera asked, maybe (Y/N)'s mind flashed to some memes before she snapped out of it.

The team was sitting down on the metal bench and taking a break. (Y/N) was chugging down her water like she had been without water for days. She let out a sigh of relief once her hoarse throat started to feel cool from the ice cold water.

"Let's go with formation three," Yuki said and everyone looked at him. "We are all tired, especially Tobio and (Y/N), so let's just play defensive."

(Y/N) glanced at Yuki before rummaging through her back and taking out her eye drops, ignoring the conversation between the team. She gently squeezed the pipette, letting three drops fall into each eye. (Y/N) opened and closed her eyes a few times before feeling satisfied.

"Are you okay (Y/N)?" Kageyama asked her and she behind her to see him staring at her while the other four were still talking.

"Just taking precautions," she replied and smiled. "So, are you ready for this third set?"

He nodded. "I'm excited to play against such great volleyball players. Ushijima's spikes are amazing, I want to try and receive one."

"Go ahead, I mean we are defending this set," (Y/N) said. "I can't be the only one receiving those, my stamina will lower from running side to side trying to get those up."

"I'm surprised you haven't dropped yet," Kaito responded, joining the conversation. "Tobio has been using you like crazy and you're pushing yourself."

"True, I've never seen you try so hard before (N/N)!" Amu added on. "In gym class you do everything so easily like it's breathing to you. This is the first time I am seeing you struggle and push yourself."

That's because this is a team sport that you actually have to RELY on your teammates for, (Y/N) thought to herself and gave the group a tired smile and shrugged her shoulders. Her eyes then landed on Amu's right wrist which was slightly red and (Y/N) narrowed her eyes. She had a bad feeling for some reason.

"Amu is your wrist okay?" she asked and the girl frowned slightly.

"My old wrist injury is starting to act up after I tried to receive a spike in the last set. It doesn't hurt that much, but it's stinging," Amu explained and (Y/N) nodded.

"Don't try to receive too much if it is hurting, leave it to Tobio and I, okay?"

Amu could only smile weakly as she nodded in agreement. She couldn't risk injuring her wrist again, after all she needed it to heal in order for her to play tennis once again.

Looks like I won't be the only one who is completely useless, Yuki thought to himself as he looked at Amu. She is feeling the same as me.

"Wakatoshi-kun!" Tendou said and creeped up to him. "What do you think about those first years? They are good right?" Ushijima looked at Tendou while still holding his water bottle. Reon and Semi also looked at him, curious of what he thought of them.

"They are an exceptional team," he bluntly stated and drank from his water.

"Man, but that (Y/N) is an amazing player," Semi blurted out as he glanced at her sitting figure. "Does she play volleyball or is she just that good at the game?"

"With those skills she definitely does," Reon responded. "I wonder why she didn't go to a powerhouse school if she is that good."

"She should have come to Shiratorizawa," Ushijima said, making the three come to a halt before looking at their captain.