Chapter 29 - Datekou vs Karasuno

A/N : Double update.

"Well this is it," (Y/N) muttered with a grin. "It is time for the third and second year's revenge battle!"

"LET'S HAVE A GOOD GAME!" the boys shouted, bowing down to each other when the ref blew the whistle.

"Karasuno's number 10's quick was undeniably startling. However, that was only because of his height! His jump is amazingly intense, but all they're doing is a normal quick. Don't be taken in by appearances!" Datekou's coach, Oiwake affirmed. "Stop him completely as you stop their ace!"

"OSU!"

"Based on what I saw ("Datekou!") in the first round, they'll likely ("Datekou!") to use a powerful serve in the first play." Ukai put his hands on his hips. "For the first play ("Datekou!") keep your receives high!"

"Datekou's opening pattern is all about rattling their opponents with serves... And breaking their spirits with steady blocks. ("Datekou!") That hasn't changed since March," Suga said and the boys nodded.

'Man, their chant might be catchy, but it's annoying as hell when they shout it so loudly during our huddles.' (Y/N) sighed, shaking her head slightly.

"Osu!"

Ukai smirked. "The other side's wall is definitely strong. But as long as you're able to overcome it, you'll have a chance to win. There-"

"There aren't many teams like Nekoma out there who will keep the ball in play off anything and everything you throw at them!" (Y/N) interrupted Ukai, earning a jab to her hip. She dramatically held her side, pretending to feel the critical pain.

He deadpanned at her while the boys snickered. Ukai looked back at them, specifically Kageyama. "Well, you understand, right? Kageyama."

"Yes." he replied, a serious look on his face.

"Smash through that Iron Wall!"

"KARASUNO FIGHT!" "OSSU!"

"Huh? They're starting with their ace in the read guard?" Futakuchi questioned as both teams walked onto the court.

"I guess Karasuni's starting off with their strongest receive oriented formation?" Irihata mumbled.

"One hit!" "All right, bring it!"

(Y/N) licked her lips as the whistle was blown and Date Tech's number 1, Kamasaki served the ball. She watched him with her calculating golden eyes as the ball hit against his palm. 'It is definitely going to-'

"Daichi-san!" Noya yelled. '-Daichi.'

"Got it!"

"Nice receive!" Kageyama shouted as the ball went up into the air.

"Yes! Nice receive!" Ukai and Takeda pumped their fists.

Kageyama moved over, positioning himself under the incoming ball. Aone watched him with an observing look as he went to set. Kageyama jumped into the air and Oiwake's lips turned downwards. 'What a perfect form. You can't easily read where he'll send the ball, but...'

The ball pressed against the setter's fingers and went towards Hinata who was already jumping in the air. Futakuchi ran up, preparing to jump and Aone slid over.

Irihata sweatdropped. 'Did they manage to shake that #7 middle blocker...?'

Aone took a big stride, jumping in front of Hinata with Futakuchi for a block out. Hinata grit his teeth and spiked the ball down, just getting it past the two tall blockers.