Special Chapter - Kagera

A/N: This is for @KBakugosWife_1 who wanted a Kagera x reader, here's a special. I said I'd make this at the end but I decided to do it now bc I couldn't finish writing chap 42 in time.

Chuya Kagera - That was the name given to me by my mother who named me at the hospital. Who knew where my father was, I never knew him, only my mother and her relatives.

I had gotten my mother's looks which was a great blessing for her. Her emerald green eyes and dark brown hair. She was glad I didn't look like my father, the relatives were glad as well that I didn't look like that so called, "scummy bastard."

As a kid, you'd think that they would be all smiles, curious and wanting to explore the world and its options.

Not me.

Everything is boring to me. 

Everything was boring.

That's what I thought my entire life.

Things came easily to me. I never had an interest in anything - sports, academics, hobbies, there was nothing which seemed to satisfy me.

When I was younger, I was dubbed as an "apathetic prodigy" by my family.

I never really did like my relatives. The adults were full of lies and bullshit while their children were whiny, snobbish brats.

It was only me and myself in this boring world full of grey. I was stuck in this boring reality with nothing to do, nothing to entertain me.

There was nothing.

I was nothing.

One day my mother decided to introduce me to the child of her brother-in-law. I didn't really want to meet the kid, I thought he would be another annoying brat like my relatives. 

Apparently he was different from the others, that was what my mother told me. So, I decided to meet him under her wishes.

I wasn't excited nor annoyed, I just didn't care enough about it.

The child of the in-law, his name was Moriki Yuki and I met him during my first year of middle school.

Moriki Yuki was weird, that was my first thought on him. 

He looked normal, with his black hair and brown eyes, the only odd thing about him was that he was smaller than most boys his age. He also had black rimmed glasses, wearing them from time to time whenever we met up at Uncle Moriki's home.

When we first met, he didn't tackle me in questions or force me to play like the other children did, he was quiet and seemed as if he didn't care about interacting with me.

For the first hour we spent together, we didn't say a single word to each other besides our greetings and names. We just sat there in the carpeted room, staring at each other in silence.

It wasn't awkward per say, we were just both observing each other.

He WAS different from other kids, my mother was right. 

He was different - he was similar to me, in a way.

I never approached other kids, nor did I care if they approached me. But Moriki Yuki, I decided to interact with him first, to take the first step. I wanted to know more about him, if we were truly the same.

"Moriki Yuki, tell me more about yourself," I demanded, and he in turn, responded.

After that day, Yuki became my first "friend."