Chapter 12 - Finals (Part 1)

"I'm so fucking nervous," Kaito blurted out and (Y/N) immediately turned towards him. Their game started in twenty minutes and currently the team was stretching in a circle.

"Don't be nervous Kaito, these games are just for fun," (Y/N) said and shot him a smile, but in actuality she was thinking about how she wanted to win this tournament. Her GOM competitive side was wanting her to win. "Relax and don't worry, we got your back."

"Yup we got this Kai!" Amu cheerfully stated as she shot him a bashful smile, her cheeks slightly flushed. Kaito smiled back at her, his cheeks turning pink. Ugh, love birds, the four thought to themselves as they watched a pink, sparkly aura surrounded the boyfriend and girlfriend.

"But anyways, Shiratorizawa... They got four volleyball starters on their team," Yuki mumbled as he brought his head to his knee and stretched out his arm. "This is going to be difficult."

"We just need to follow the plan~" Kagera replied as he cracked his shoulder. "We'll be counting on you, (Y/N), Tobio."

"Osu," Tobio curtly replied as he drank from his milkbox.

"Yep, yep," (Y/N) laughed and waved a hand in the air dismissively. "Formation one then formation two, and if we go into a third set we will see."

(Y/N) then stood up and put her hand over her head and pushed her elbow down with her other hand, the stretch making a cracking sound. Yuki scrunched up his nose and cringed at the sound making (Y/N) giggle.

"I'm going to the bathroom," she said and started to walk away. "Someone make sure we have water!"

(Y/N) walked to the bathroom, softly humming the infamous bathroom song to herself. She quickly did her business and washed her hands in the sink. Looking at her tired complexion in the mirror she splashed some water on her face and rubbed her eyes lightly. Water ran down her chin and hit against the sink making (Y/N) sigh. She was tired and a bit nervous, but she needed to get rid of those feelings, after all her team was counting on.

Team, is such a foriegn word to (Y/N). She once experienced multiple teams, but how wrong she was. They didn't consider her a 'team.' The GOM was a team at first, but even so they all slowly began to play for themselves, the team lost itself. However they were the first who considered her part of the team. But now, this team felt like a REAL team to (Y/N), that is why she didn't want to disappoint even though they would disband right after today's game.

"While we are still together I better give it my all," she mumbled to herself as she looked into her reflected golden orbs. "Let's have fun and win, (Y/N)."

(Y/N) let go of the sink and slapped her cheeks with both hands lightly before walking out of the girl's bathroom. When she walked out she immediately hit a wall, making her tumble back from the unexpected run in.

"Sorry," (Y/N) and the wall said at the same time. (Y/N) looked up at the person's face to see the one and only, Ushijima Wakatoshi in front of her.

"Oh, sorry about that Wakatoshi-senpai," (Y/N) said, stuffing her hands in her jacket pockets. "Wasn't paying attention."

"It is fine, I was also at fault for not paying attention," he replied and gave a small nod to her. "I look forward to playing you today."

"Aw, me too-

"However, you will be losing," Ushijima said which made (Y/N)'s smile twitch.

"Ho? How confident you are," (Y/N) snapped, her smile was still on her face, but her voice held a bit of anger. "Don't get too overconfident Wakatoshi-senpai, your confidence may be your downfall one day."