Chapter 58 - Expect the Unexpected

"The other side chose to receive. We're serving first," Daichi said, approaching the three coaches.

Ukai turned towards him, nodding. "Got it."

"The representative playoffs are finally here... everyone really seems more nervous than usual..." the black haired teacher commented, looking at the boys. 'Especially the third years...'

"There's nothing to be nervous about," (Y/N) replied, tying her hair up. "I mean, they've all trained and prepared for this moment. As long as they are confident in each other and their skills, it'll be okay."

"Aw, maaaan! Those are so coooool!" Hinata suddenly shouted. "Tsukishima's new glasses!"

"Hinata, you've been saying that everyday for the past few weeks," Yamaguchi blurted out, looking exasperated.

Tsukishima blankly stared at him in a judging manner. "Your standard of coolness makes me uneasy, so I'd prefer if you'd stop that."

"The heck?!"

'So his eyes don't look like number 3 when he takes his glasses off...' Kageyamam thought to himself, glancing at the blond.

Thinking back to what his brother said, Tsukishima jogged onto the court. Daichi smirked. "What's this? The first years are looking more confident than us. We third years can't go getting scared, now!"

Suga chuckled and Asahi grinned. "Right."

Tweet!

"Line up!"

"Let's have a good game!"

Miyagi Prefecture Representative Playoffs, Court A. Third Match. Johzenji High School vs. Karasuno High School.

The boys huddled up. "Start this off at full power, Azumane!" Ukai ordered.

(Y/N) slapped his back. "Don't chicken out now."

"Osu!"

"Karasuno, fight!" "OSU!"

The whistle blew and Asahi bounced the ball, preparing to serve. Throwing it up in the air he jumped, using power to smack it down against #7, the ball rickocading off his forearms.

"Woah, that's intense." Terushima flinched.

"YES!" Yachi cheered.

The libero ran, getting the ball up. "Way to cover it!"

"Last hit's yours, Terushima!"

"Wow, they managed to keep it in play."

"But there really isn't anything else they can do to return the ball."

"Free ball!" Kageyama yelled the same moment Nishinoya shouted, "Free!"

Then, Terushima jumped into the air, twisting his torso as he spiked the ball back onto Karasuno's side of the court, gaining the first point.

"You've got to be kidding...!" Asahi muttered.

"He slammed it in from the end line...! And while turning around no less...!" Tanaka exclaimed.

"That area's normally where you'd safely return the ball underhand," Tsukishima mumbled.

Terushima landed and the boys cheered, jumping happily into the air. "WAHOO!"

"Hehe-! Yuji-senpai really is awesome," (Y/N) snickered out.

"What incredible agility...!" Takeda breathed out.

"You can really get a good sense of it from that one hit alone," Ukai responded.

"Nice serve!" "Asashi!" "Got it!"