Chapter 34 - Oikawa Tooru is Not a Genius

"Bring and send?"

"At first, I thought the shorty was just shouting something while he rushed forward since he doesn't seem that smart, but during that superhuman quick strike, he seemed to be using the words bring or give. Like saying, "Give it here" or "Bring it on". And during a normal quick strike, he'd say things like, "Send it on over" or "Send me the toss"," Oikawa explained to his teammates who looked at him in awe.

Iwaizumi brought his fist to his chin. "Using the word "send", huh."

"When they do the superhuman quick strike, Shorty seems to hit the ball without looking at it, but earlier, when he said "send" he followed the ball with his eyes like normal and jumped. That more or less convinced me I was right." (Y/N), Kageyama, and Sugawara all looked over at Oikawa while Hinata looked confused standing between the three.

"Don't tell me he's...-" Suga muttered.

Kageyama clicked his tongue. "Dammit! That was quick...!"

"-Already figured it out...?"

(Y/N) sighed, handing a water bottle over to Kageyama. "Looks like he did." She smacked the back of Hinata and Kageyama's head. "I told you guys we should have changed it up! I told you so!" She rubbed her shit eating grin in the duo's faces. Hinata pouted while Kageyama irked at her.

"We get it!" "Boke (Y/N) boke!"

"But you know, Shorty's weapon is consistently his role as a decoy. If we only watch him then we'll be playing right into their hands. So let's go with a simple course of action." Oikawa raised his finger. "We'll have just one person mark Shorty when he says "Bring" for the supernatural quick strike. When he says "send" for the normal quick strike, we'll watch where the toss goes and then jump. Ok?" Oikawa professionally commanded like the captain he is.

"OSU!"

"But #10's going to move to the rear guard next serve, you know," Hanamaki commented with a sweatdrop.

"I-I knew that already!" Oikawa retorted, flinching with fluster.

"Still, calling time out this early in the game when everything's pretty static... Won't they have realized that we've noticed their signals?" Iwaizumi asked and Oikawa smiled.

"It's fine, don't worry about it!" Oikawa replied. "Actually, it's better for us that they realize it. If he knows that we've noticed their signals, then I'm sure that Tobio will lose his composure even if a little."

Iwaizumi raised an eyebrow. "What about (Y/N)?"

Noticeably, Oikawa tensed for a second before he went back to normal. "(Y/N)-chan will be a bit difficult to trick, I bet she had a feeling that Shorty and Tobio-chan's phrases would have been found out, so she has a back-up plan or is overthinking a new play right now." 'And that will be her downfall... Her own thoughts, overthinking the situation.'

Weakness #6 : Overthinking.

'What should we do now... If we do this then Tooru-senpai will do that... If we choose to do that then Seijoh will retaliate with their own brutal attacks... Maybe we should use that new weapon? No, I don't think it's ready and if it fails then the moral will shake in Seijoh's favor. Dammit Tooru-senpai will just take advantage of that then. UGH! Having to face off with someone walking right on your heel pisses me off!' (Y/N) bit her nail, a crease in her brows as she tried to think of what strategy to use. If she were standing, she would be pacing back and forth. 'I shouldn't overthink this... But what if-! Dammit! Why can't there just be one situation that we know will happen instead of various options that I have to think about and rebuttal!'