f i f t y t w o

edited 29aug21

• chapter 52: fucking finally, bitch!

"Can I change seats with Jeongin?" Seungmin asked while swinging their linked hands. Hyemi laughed at his question and shook her head no.

"We're still sitting next to each other, dummy."

The guy clicked his tongue in annoyance. "Are we telling them?"

"Up to you, I don't mind." she giggled as she imagined their possible reactions. Maybe they are expecting it, but maybe not too. "It's not like they didn't see this coming."

He hummed and nodded, "Let's just act normal then. If they found out then they know."

But as soon as they reach the locker hallway, Hyunjin, being a dramatic llama gasped loudly earning looked from other students. He pointed to their linked hands and hit Jisung on the shoulder. "Fucking finally! My ship is sailing bitch!"

The guy jumped excitedly while Jisung wiped his non existence tears. "Is my cutie already taken? Omg whose cheeks I'm gonna pinch from now on." he tried to pinch Hyemi's cheeks but Seungmin pulled her away from him.

"Pinch yours, squirrel."

"I'm happy but I'm also sad. I need to ask for Seungmin's permission first to hug her." Felix pouted, hugging Jeongin. The youngest among them just smirked at the blushing girl who's at the center of the attention right now. Most students have expected it since they are always seen together. With her head hung low, she dragged Seungmin to her locker, embarrassed at the compliments. She didn't even know why people congratulate her. They are just dating, not married.. right?

But dating needs cooperations from both sides too.

Hyemi started to feel anxious. Almost the whole school already know. What if she screw up? What if she makes a mistake and people look down on her? What if she makes an unforgivable mistake towards Seungmin? What if.. one day Seungmin falls out of love?

She had never experience this because this is her first time dating. She's afraid if she cannot give commitments in the relationship. She had seen so many break ups and they are all painful.

"Are you okay?"

The thoughts leave her head when hearing Seungmin's worried voice. She just realised that she had stopped halfway of keeping her books in the locker. "I'm fine." she smiled, but maybe looks a bit forced.

He chose not to ask further. Maybe something was bothering her. "You know if something is concerning you we can always talk right?" his voice was soft, too soft that make her feel calm and immediately forget what she was worrying about earlier. The girl nodded as she closed her locker. He pat her head. "Good girl."

A few students from afar cooed at their interactions and that didn't go unnoticed by the couple. Seungmin chuckled at his blushing girlfriend and immediately brought her to their class.

"Aigoo, my girlfriend is shy."

She glared but he found it cute. "Anyway, yeah my parents invited you to dinner again."

Seungmin beamed. He rememberex the day her mother came to his house to pick up Hyemi. The woman couldn't stop from saying she wanted to see her daughter with someone, just to tease them. When they were about to leave, Seungmin hugged the girl, kissing her forehead afterwards and her mother saw that. As he expected, she went out from the car and squealed in excitement.

"Finally! When's the wedding? Oh wait I'll be the one who plan it with my husband. Oh my god my first child already has a boyfriend I'm sobbing."

Hyemi facepalm herself and hit Seungmin on the chest. "Eomma!"

"Thank god you chose Seungmin. I've been wanting for him to be my son-in-law."

"Alright, get in the car! Bye Seungmin!" she pushed her mother to the driver's seat, earning a laugh from him.

"Your mom likes me."

"As my boyfriend." she hiss edand he laughed.

"Of course as that, cutie. What were you thinking?"

"Shut up."

She is indeed shy after dating.

‹›‹›‹›

minnie♡: i'm not going to school tmr

minnie♡: gotta renew my boarding pass

Hyemi stared at the texts for a minute.

What if he needs to leave?

She put her phone beside her head and sighed negative thoughts start to come. When she was about to close her eyes, her phone rang.

minnie♡ calling...

A small smile appeared on her face and she accepted the call. "Hello?"

"Am I disturbing you?"

"Uh, nope. I'm just.. thinking." she laid on her right, smiling as if she could see him in front of her.

Seungmin hummed on the other line. There was a small silence before he spoke up again. "Don't worry much. My uncle isn't that mean."

"If you have to move," she paused a bit, picking on her teddy bear's fur. "At least a date before that?" she muttered.

He chuckled at the request.

"What are you laughing at?" Hyemi whined, not really liking the reaction. "I'm being serious here. Not seeing you for a year sucks."

"Cute. Of course we'll have one. Four if you'd like."

"As if I don't have school stuffs to do."

A small giggle escaped his lips again. She liked it when he giggles, it sounds deep but cute in a way. The person himself is already adorable. At this moment she's surprise that she's still alive even after dating with him. Going back to a few months ago, whenever Seungmin talks to her she'd freak out. That moments were embarrassing.

"Hey, are you sleeping?" Seungmin asked after awhile.

"Not yet."

"You didn't answer my question just now." he sulked, making her laugh.

"Sorry Minnie, what were you asking?"

"Nothing, I'll just ask you on Thursday. Get some sleep you still have school." she could hear sounds of switch clicking from the other side.

"Em, goodnight." she yawned.

"Night, cutie. Don't worry about it that much, okay?"

She nodded even he could not see it. Her eyes were slowly closing, not bothering to end the call.

On the other side, Seungmin just chuckled when there's no sound but the call was still ongoing. He placed the phone next to him, getting ready to bed.

As he covered himself with the blanket, he reached for his phone again. The girl was already asleep. He pressed the phone against his ear and whispered,

"Love you."

Then he ended the call.

🥀