t h i r t y o n e

edited 23aug21

• chapter 31: his responsibility, her

"I hereby announce that I officially hate Lee Jeno with all my heart. Thank you." Heejin came with her tray and groaned.

"Lady Heejin hereby announce that she officially in love with Lee Jeno with all her heart." Mia corrected her. The other girl scrunched her face in disgust, shaking her head rapidly.

"Hate."

"Love."

"What did he do?" I asked and they stopped arguing.

Heejin whined, "He offered me some chips and we got caught! Detention!" With that I laughed loudly, remembering the days we used to eat silently in class. "He told me both of you used to eat in class almost everyday so I guess why not but the teacher caught us!"

"It's the quality time for you, detention with him." Mia snickered and she received a kick underneath a table.

"Hellooo ladies, can we join?" a voice interrupted us and before we could say anything the person took a seat next to me, followed by the two friends. Jisung settled down and gave me his :] smile.

Felix and Hyunjin sat in front of him. Mia and Heejin were speechless seeing these guys here while I sighed in defeat. "Why here?"

"We're ditching Seungmin and Jeongin." Hyunjin said while nodding his head a bit to my two friends. Then he tore a packet of chips, offering it to them. "Want some?"

Heejin excitedly nodded as if she had already forgotten about the chips incident with Jeno. Mia turned her body fully towards them, "You're friends with Hyemi?"

"She's a part of us now! Best friends!" Felix exclaimed.

I mentally facepalm myself. "Is there something you need?"

The three boys looked at each other, frozen in their places. Then Jisung nodded hesitantly. "We want to ask you about you and Seungmin, and Jeonghoon."

oh my god.

"Jeonghoon? The guy you fought with last year?" Heejin butted in and they nodded.

"Oh, the one we met the other day?" Mia asked. "Is he really a danger because he's kind towards me."

"That's what we wanted to ask, do you know anything about him and Seungmin?" Jisung asked again. All eyes were on me and I feel trapped. Seungmin said they didn't know about it and it was not my place to tell them anything.

"I'm... sure it has something with Mina eonnie." I said but only got disapproving looks.

"We all know that." Hyunjin stated.

"Yeah, that's it—"

"Seungmin won't tell us anything so I think we shouldn't press her on this," Felix ended the conversation. "Ever since Jeonghoon returns he never sits well and we're worried, that's all. We hope it doesn't involve you."

unfortunately, i think it does.

Mia and Heejin were clueless all the time so they started eating a few moments ago. When the boys decided to shrug it off Mia spoke up, "So... you're friends with Hyemi? I thought she's only friends with Jeongin and Seungmin."

"You never told us." Heejin pouted.

Jisung gave her a cheeky grin. "Be a lover first, like her."

"What do you mean by that!" I smacked his arm and he laughed.

Heejin gave him a weird look, "No thanks, I'm taken."

"You just broke up, though." Mia stifled a laugh.