s e v e n

edited 22aug21

• chapter 7: americano and work

I missed my bed.

My bed that had the owl covers with a fluffy blanket is waiting for me yet I'm still in the school for the last period. English.

Who loves english?

Well maybe that one Aussie loves English but I don't see where the fun in it.

A week had passed and I'm grateful that I haven't done anything embarrassed yet in front of these two best friends. Since this was my last year I pay my attention more to my studies. Lucky for me Jeongin here is willing to help even he's not too confident in some of the subjects. At least he's more smarter than I am.

"Partnering homeworks!" The teacher announced.

Just a week and there's a partnering homework?

"Let's be partners. We are seatmates anyway." Jeongin said and I nodded. It's not like I have other friends in this class.

It's about the literature component. The usual that we've been doing since the past years, find the themes, settings, moral values and yeah. Until today I didn't know why we are learning this.

The bell rang and with a flash, students started to pack their things. The teacher walked out and they ran out like chickens running after worms in a bucket.

Jeongin packed up as well. We were the only one left. He turned to me. "Since tomorrow's weekend do you want to do the homework?"

"Sure. Where?"

"I'll text you. Wait- I don't have your number." he took out his phone and handed it to me. Without hesitating I punched in my numbers when we heard a voice interrupted us.

"I'm going to leave you." Seungmin said and left.

Jeongin groaned as he quickly thanking me and ran after him. I chuckled and followed them outside. The hallway was already empty and I spotted them not too far away in front of me.

Jeongin knocked on Seungmin's head and the guy let out a loud groan. He then wrapped his arm around the younger's neck, strangling him. That's when I heard a weird and loud dolphin shriek while Seungmin laughed.

A smile appeared on my face as I watched them. This was the first time I hear Seungmin laughing.

It's cute.

The next day I woke up to a message from an unknown number. Seeing the mention about the literature homework, I took a wild guess it was Jeongin.

It was just ten in the morning when we meet at the café nearby school. Call it cliché, but trust me, homeworks with a hot coffee in the morning is the best choice.

Jeongin told me he's going to bring a friend. Though I'm not sure who is it I just let him. He has like.. more than a dozen of friends in the school due to his friendly personality.

I arrived first at the café. It was only a five minute walk. The aroma of breads and pastries greeted my nostrils as I opened the door. After ordering a hot cup of Americano and a chicken floss bread, I sat at a place near the window. It's relaxing when you see people walking around without so many cars on the road.

Soon the bell jingled and I spot Jeongin walking in with a friend. Hyunjin. Of course everyone knows the prince of the school. Both guys threw his smiles towards me as they were approaching before Jeongin's smile turned into a scowl.

"I'm sorry for this. Hyunjin hyung keeps bugging me to tag along." he pushed Hyunjin away and took a seat in front of me.

"It's fine." I smiled.