f o u r t e e n

edited 22aug21

• chapter 14: keep it secret

After doing the English test I returned to my class with wobbly legs. I don't think I did well enough, but I feel like half of my burden is lifted off. I feel a bit relief.

Today is Friday, which means I'll be helping Seungmin for his photography project. I'm so nervous at this moment because I'm afraid if I look stiff in the photos and he doesn't like it. But I can do this right?

I spotted Seungmin waiting at my locker after school ends. I took a deep breath before approaching him with a surprised face. I mean, you gotta look surprise when your crush is waiting for you at your locker.

"Who are you waiting?" I asked, in case if actually he's not waiting for me. But then he looked at me with an eyebrow raised.

"You? Because the project starts today."

I think I look dumb.

"Yeah, of course," I awkwardly chuckled while stuffing my stuffs in my locker. "Is it now? Don't I have to change my outfits?"

"Yes, actually it's gonna be a night photography for today so I need to bring you to somewhere." He said with a straight face. Sometimes I wonder if he has emotions or not. "Uh.. can you wear something casual during winter night?"

I immediately nodded and closed my locker. "Like.. winter coat?"

"Yeah, that," he replied. "If it's okay for you then we'll meet up at Mochi Bookstore near your residents."

"Sure. Fine by me," I smiled to him. "Is that all?"

He paused for a bit, looking side to side. Then he faced me again. "One favor."

I tilted my head in confusion.

"Don't.. uh don't tell about this to Jeongin or any of my friends." he said and a tint of pink blush appeared on his cheeks. O.o

Cute.

And why is he blushing omg.

"S-sure." I nodded again, agreeing all he said.

"Good then." He looked away. "See you later." He then jogged to the school gate where I could see his friends are waiting for him. Again, my cheeks heat up. Why are these days there's so many interactions with Seungmin?

That night after getting permission from my parents I made my way to the bookshop. The store was quite near to my house and it took only five minutes walk. The night breeze was not too cold, which is a great night to do his project.

From afar I could see Seungmin sitting on the bench in front of the book store with a camera bag slings on his shoulder. He seemed too focused on his phone because even when I stand next to him, he still didn't look up.

"Seungmin," I called him after a minute standing. He quickly stood up when seeing me.

"Sorry, didn't realise you there." he apologised.

"It's fine. Sorry for making you wait." I said with a small smile. He looked small in the brown jacket and a dark red scarf wrapped around his neck. I wish I could pinch his cheeks.

"I just arrived," he replied as we start to walk on the side road. "We're gonna take a bus ride. Do your parents mind if you return home a bit late?"

"I don't think so. I told them I'm helping a friend with a project and might take some times so they let me pass for today." I shrugged.

"Pass for today?" he repeated while looking at me for a second.

"My curfew."

"Oh." was all that he said. We walked in silence to the bus stop and lucky for us the bus arrives as soon as we reach there. I took a seat near the window and rested my chin on my palm, staring off outside. It had been a pretty long time since I've had a night ride. Honestly I prefer nights than days. It's calming to see non busy road and the city lights. The last time I've been out at nights were almost a year ago.

I didn't realise for how long I've been staring outside when Seungmin tugged on my jacket, saying this is our stop. When we got down, I feel like laughing to myself because he brought me to Hongdae Street, where I left him alone.

"Are we gonna buy food?" I asked with a smile played on my lips. To my surprise he nodded.

"I'm hungry."

"You haven't eaten yet?"

He shook his head and walked to the food stalls. "I'm just gonna eat light food."

I followed his steps and we walked side by side. The weather was a bit cold out of sudden so I kept my hands warm in my pocket. As I'm looking around, I felt someone pulls my jacket sleeves lightly. I turned to see Seungmin pointing towards a certain stall.

"Chicken nuggets," He said. "I'm going there. Do you want to look around or follow me?"

"I'll just follow you. I don't think I want to buy anything." I said and we went to the chicken nuggets stall. I realised that he's talking a bit more to me these past days. Usually he would just talk to me not more than five words but when he does this it makes me feel happy.

I wonder if he still remembers the day I confessed my feelings towards him. Because he acted like it's nothing while I'm always freaking out internally when he talks to me.

My eyes then caught the potato spring stall nearby. Without telling him anything I went there and bought two sticks because I couldn't resist its existence. True, I already eat dinner but let's count this as my supper.

I looked around to find Seungmin but he was nowhere to be found. Sighing, I stopped at the middle of the way and my eyes travelled around. When there's no sight of him, I decided to eat some of my potato spring while walking around.

"You don't go anywhere alone at night." I heard Seungmin sighs beside me.

Since when he's beside me?

"Sorry," I sheepishly grinned and he shook his head.

"Anyway, can you stand like that again? In the middle of the way?" he suddenly requested.

"Why?"

"Just do it. I wanna see you do it."

Furrowing my eyebrow, I stood at where I were before. That's when I realised he had his camera in his hand and I quickly looked to the other way and hold my potato spring cup casually. Maybe a little candid would be fine.

I heard him clicking a few times before checking the photos. "Come on."

"W-what was that?" I asked, following him out from the stalls area.

"The project?" He replied in a questioning manner.

"Of me?"

"Then why did I ask for your help." he said as he bit on his chicken nuggets.

He's right. I'm so dumb.

🥀