• t h i r t y t w o

edited 23aug21

• chapter 32: two hot chocolates

I didn't know how we get to this situation. Suddenly since that day, Seungmin dragged me everywhere.

The carnival was in two weeks, and for two weeks Jeonghoon would be at the school most of the days. Probably that's why.

Yeah, maybe that's why.

But when he acted like this he looked... cute. I've never seen this side of him.

"We're having exams after the carnival. That's why the alumni do all the works." Seungmin stated as he stood on his tip toe, reaching out a book.

I leaned my back on the shelf, a pout forming on my face. The library was so quiet and books were everywhere. Ugh, books.

"And you, if you want to reach your parents' expectations you have to study." He pressed the word 'have' and gave me a Chemistry reference book since I left mine in the classroom.

I took it while puffing my cheeks with the air. "I hate studying."

"That's not the reason you'll give to them when showing the grades." He said, taking out another reference book. "Instead try to say, Seungmin was being a kind human being for once and helped me. Surely your parents will feel proud."

I frowned, "How does that work?"

"It's obvious, they like me." He shrugged and glanced towards me with a mischievous glint.

"It's obvious, they like me," I mimicked him and walk to our place. "They just invited you to another dinner tonight not because they like you, but because they want you to tutor me. Don't get that wrong."

I didn't know when they exchanged numbers, but suddenly Seungmin told me my parents want him to tutor me on weekend, which will start tomorrow, and TMI, has prepared a room for him to sleepover.

Honestly I don't know what to say.

"I still need to take my clothes at home though," he muttered. "But isn't your cousin staying?"

"No. Chenle has exams as well. He needs to stay home."

"I wonder how curfew works."

"You want to feel it?"

"No thanks. Just wondering." He replied as he flipped through the pages. "Let's get started."

"I'm skipping my meal because of this. You better teach me well." I grumbled as I sat up straight and open my book. Actually I don't mind when he brought me here because this was the only place where Jeonghoon wouldn't go. He was disturbing us for these past days and we got uncomfortable. Why can't he just leave us alone?

‹›‹›‹›

"Sorry, I'm late." Seungmin bowed as my mother opened the door. I could see her face lit up seeing the guy.

"It's fine! My husband and I just finished eating but Hyemi haven't had her dinner yet. Come on in!"

I mentally facepalm myself when my mother wanted to help carrying his backpack but he politely refused to it. I pull her hand away. "Eomma it's fine, you're scaring him." I whispered to her and she giggled.

"He's so cute!" she quietly squealed. "Show him the guest room upstairs and go have a dinner together."

A blush appeared on my face. Is she playing the role of matchmaker like Jeongin did? If so then I'm outta here.

Seungmin was a bit awkward when we both went upstairs. My twin brothers were too excited and Hyunjae clung on him. "Hyung! You're noona's friend?"

The guy nodded, patting his hair softly.