f o r t y o n e

edited 24aug21

• chapter 41: the first fight

seungmin: i'm outside. come down

Hyemi unwrapped herself from the blanket and typed a reply.

hyemi: come in. my parents are inside

She changed her short pajama pants with a longer one and slid a hoodie over her short sleeve pajama. It was cold even she's in her own room. Maybe because she's getting comfortable with the blanket wrapping around her.

To be honest she really didn't want to see anyone at the moment. A knock was heard on her door and she opened it, revealing Seungmin who was obviously nervous. She gestured him in before turning on the ac. "Sorry if it's too hot I just don't wanna feel—"

"Are you okay?" he cut her off, worried at the solemn girl.

"Do I look okay?" she asked back. Seungmin shook his head and she sat on the edge of her bed, sighing.

How to tell him I don't want to meet anyone?

"Seungmin–"

"If–"

They both stopped talking.

"You first." she said.

For some reason Seungmin could feel the girl was not willing to talk to anyone. Especially after her parents had talked to him earlier. They surprisingly went to the school to ask Seungmin some questions about Jeonghoon. From that he could guess something happened the night before.

He grew afraid if he says something that could hurt the girl. He's afraid if he triggers her. He didn't know what exactly happened that night but he really wanted to help her.

Hyemi looked at him, waiting for his words but nothing comes out. Why am I being like this? He thought. After a few more seconds he finally spoke up. "If.. you need someone to tell, I'll be here." his voice became slower at the end of the sentence. He didn't know why he felt small from her gaze.

The girl smiled a bit as she got up and made him sit on the chair. "Why do you look so nervous?"

"I–"

"Seungmin, I really appreciate that but I think I just want to be alone for some time." she said, not wanting to sound rude.

He felt his cheeks heat up as he nodded slowly. "Sorry."

"It's fine. You could stay for awhile and maybe tell me the homeworks." she wrapped herself with the blanket. Seungmin couldn't help but to pinch her cheeks.

"Burrito."

"What?"

"You're like a burrito like that." he giggled. Hyemi stifled a laugh and rested her chin on the desk as Seungmin wrote down the homeworks.

She watched as his hand move along with the pen. Her eyes were sticked at it until Seungmin stopped writing. She buried her head on the table, muffling. "Thanks."

The guy's heart warm up and he did the favourite thing he always do to her. Cupping her cheeks and squishing them lightly. She groaned but let him be. "I'm really tired right now." she whines.

"If something happens to you, tell me okay?" Hyemi weakly nodded and he removed his hand. "And about last night–"

"Don't say anything."

She didn't want to remember anything. At least not now. She was still recovering from the trauma and wants nothing but to forget that.

"I just want to know." he said softly.