t h i r t y t h r e e

edited 23aug21

• chapter 33: nuggets and mcflurry

Seungmin

"Hyung, I'm worried," Jeongin muttered while slinging his bag on. "Hyemi looks unwell these days. She dozed off in a few classes."

I noticed that too, but she didn't say anything.

"Maybe I should ask her–"

"I'll ask her." I cut him off and left the class. It was dismissal so it was not hard to find her. I spotted her at the locker hallway where she was stuffing her things and closed the door weakly.

I frowned.

"Hey," I grabbed her arm, making her to face me. Her eyes widened a bit. "What's wrong?"

"What? Nothing's wrong?"

"You look soulless."

She chuckled at my reply. "Just fine, feeling a bit dizzy today." She smiled slightly and pushed my hand off her.

"Don't seem like it. You've been like this for a few days."

She whined, "My head is not cooperating with me these days. That's why."

"Mind telling me why?"

Hyemi gave me a weird look. "I don't know. Ask my head."

This dumb girl–

"You're high," I chuckled, grabbing her arm once again and she stopped on her steps. "You might faint on the way home–"

Before I could finish my sentence she suddenly dropped her head on my chest and her arms wrapped around my waist. My eyes widened and I could feel heat creeping up my cheeks.

what is happening—

"H–hey," I pat her shoulder, not knowing what to do.

"My head hurts." her voice was muffled. "Studying sucks."

My heart softened. An arm move its way to her back and a hand pats her head.

"Did you stay up again?" I asked, and she nodded. "Why?"

"You know why." her voice was small, as if she was tired of talking.

I sighed, pulling her off me. A few students were looking at us with glints of amusement since they know I've never gotten this close to a girl other than Minha. I tried to ignore them and the blush on my cheeks. Why the hell am I blushing, I don't know.

"Alright, enough studying. Let's get some snacks." I took her hand in mine and we walked out from the school compound. I took a different way from her home. "Where do you want to eat?"

She thought for awhile. "Honestly, I don't know. I'm thinking about nuggets just now."

"McDonalds it is then."

‹›‹›‹›

As I thought, she was more alive when seeing food. Especially the nuggets and Mcflurry.

"It's been awhile since I had these." she had this happy look on that was specialised only for food.

"Me too. Never really got time to eat this with friends."

We digged in while Hyemi brought up what happened throughout the week. She was being her bubbly self again and I don't mind seeing her like that. It was kinda cute.

yeah... cute.

For the second time today my cheeks heat up and I drank the cola to lessen the burning feeling inside me. I looked away from her, trying to think of anything else.