• t h i r t y

edited 23aug21

• chapter 30: his favourite song

I searched through classes and walked around the hallways, trying to find him. But he is nowhere to be found. It just had been twenty minutes but for some reason I feel worried if something happens to him.

Seungmin had never been out from the class this long since he had to monitor us.

A few students were mindlessly walking passed me. They do not care if a teacher finds them. They were having a meeting anyway, one of the reason why I'm out from the class at the moment. I kept looking from left to right, afraid if I missed him but that only resulted me to bump onto someone. Again.

"Hey Hyemiii" the deep and cheerful voice greeted me. Felix sent an apologetic smile. "What are you doing out here?"

"Uh.." I tried to find the best answer since I'm afraid if he might tease me with Seungmin. But eventually I failed to do so. "I'm searching for Seungmin. Have you seen him?"

His eyes lit up as his lips curved up to the right side, smirking a bit. That devilish grin ugh. He took my hand and dragged me somewhere. "You're lucky he's with us."

Us?

He brought me to the cafeteria and I could see Jisung facing towards my direction while Seungmin's back was on my visual. Seeing him made me tense a bit and I pulled Felix, making him stop. "What's wrong?"

"I'll.. just talk to him later in class. Thanks for bringing me here–"

I wasn't able to finish my sentence when Seungmin got up and turned to us. His eyes travelled to our linked hands.

"Hey Lix, thanks for bringing her here." He tightly smiled and detached the other's hand from mine. Without giving any of us to talk, he pulled me somewhere else.

Do guys really love to pull hands?

We walked through the hallway to the classes and I could feel a few eyes were on us. Of course, Seungmin was never seen with any girl except Minha. Then there's me blindly following him nowhere.

Unexpectedly he brought me to the music room. When we got in he closed the door and dragged me to the couch. "Sit."

"What—"

He cut me off by pushing my shoulders down to sit. I was flustered. What is wrong with him?

He took a chair and sat in front of me, "Don't get near to Jeonghoon."

Is he okay?

"He's going to be here for a few days before the carnival starts. If you see him whenever you are, don't cross path."

My eyebrows knitted, "Why?"

"Just don't, please."

That made my heart swollen a bit.

Why?

I know we are not that close but I think he's keeping too many stories from me. That's why I still couldn't see his true colors when we are practically friends more than five months. Almost half a year.

That made our interactions are mostly awkward. I don't like that. Even a bit.

Yet I don't know how to convince him to at least tell him a bit about himself. I think I've known nothing except about his friends.

When the silence take over, I know that he'd leave, just like he always do.

"Seungmin," I called him, trying to get ahold of myself. "Just why? That's all I want to know."