t h r e e

edited 22aug21

• chapter 3: mia the matchmaker

Sports week. Obviously my favourite.

I brushed off the dirt of my yellow house shirt, smiling widely when they announce the winner of the run. It was Seungmin again. I know he would make it. Just by seeing his stamina during physical education class, it's obvious he's athletic.

He had this wide smile as he held his gold medal and ran to Jeongin and Hyunjin, one of his friends. Just then Minha came up to take his photo.

Of course she will do that. They are best friends.

I sighed softly and got up from my seat before I feel someone wrapping their arm around my neck. The person had bumped onto my back making me stumbled a few steps forward. I hissed.

Mia chuckled and she patted my back. "Still staring?"

"Shut up."

"Admit it." she punched my shoulder lightly.

I sighed once again, fully facing her. "It's all I can do?"

We looked back at the hall, spotting Seungmin with another girl who was assigned with the photographer thingy. She gave her camera to him before rushing to the field.

Mia chuckled again and pullef my hand, bringing me somewhere. I let her because she always does this. But then I realised she was dragging me towards someone at the hall, with a camera hanging on his neck.

"Mia, what the hell no." I panicked, trying to pull my hand back but she shook her head.

"Just this once. I promise." She grinned and gave me one of her medals. Yes, she already had two medals on the first day. "We'll just ask him to take our picture, okay?" she said reassuringly.

But I still shook my head. No way I'm gonna do this. He's so cold and the last time I talked to him was..

was when I confessed.

Me, a dumb bitch confessed to Kim Seungmin. Can you believe it?

Before I could process anything, we were already standing in front of him. Well, most likely Mia. Because I hid myself behind her.

I had no idea what she told him but Seungmin nodded and raised the camera that hung around his neck. Mia nudged me.

"What?" I whispered, glaring at her.

"Just let him take our photo. Then we'll go." she whispered back.

Unwillingly, I hung my medal and smiled forcefully when Seungmin clicked the camera. I thought a photo would be enough, but this girl beside me pulled me again. "More!"

Seungmin just obeyed her and after another few snaps we were done. Not gonna lie my face is probably crimson red right now. What if Seungmin cringed when he looks at the photo? What if he's not sincere when he took it? What if he crops my face to make a meme?

He already sees me as a creep!

"Thanks Seungmin!" Mia shouted when he already walked away. I didn't know if he heard her or not because he didn't reply anything.

"Bitch what the heck?!" I slapped my best friend's arm. "Why?!"

"Stop being dramatic, Yemi." she rolled her eyes. "Now look at him, he's probably looking at the photos he just took." she continued while pointing to him.

She was right. Seungmin stopped at the middle of the hall and pressed some button on the camera. "He's deleting it."

That's when I feel someone smacked my head with a balled fist. I yelped in pain "What did I do wrong?!"

"Stop saying things like that!" Mia hissed as she rubbed my head. "Look, it's true that he rejects you but you can't just give up like that. Do something to make him attracted to you."

"But he likes Minha eonni."

"And Minha eonni does not like him." she replied.

I sniffled and pouted a bit. "How did you know?"

"Jeongin told me," she shrugged. "It's obvious you always stare at Seungmin and that kid realises it."

My eyes widened at her statement. He knows? Jeongin knows I like Seungmin? How? When-

"I- I'm-"

"No you are not doomed." she cut off my sentence. "Jeongin doesn't tell that to anyone. He just keeps it to himself. Don't worry. If he does he knows what I'm capable of."

"But he just rejects me and that means he will never like-"

"Not again. What did I tell you?" she sighed. "Don't just lose hope right now. If you really like him then show it to him."

I kept my mouth shut. After the incident of witnessing Seungmin hugging Minha, a few days later I didn't know which ghost had took over my body and confessed to him. He was surprised at first but then his face turned into the usual emotionless look. Then he said no.

Just like that. Since that day I've avoided from bumping onto him. It was too awkward. And sad.

Ghost Kevin, I hate you.

🥀