f i f t y t h r e e

edited 29aug21

• chapter 53: real first date

Both Heejin and Mia looked at each other before examining the outfits again while Jeno just scrolling down his social media. Heejin clicked her tongue in annoyance and knocked his head.

"Give some feedback, you're a guy!"

Hyemi cringed at the loud voice as Jeno glared towards Heejin. "What? You want me to say she looks cute, adorable? Seungmin would be mad at me." he rolled his eyes at looks at Hyemi. The girl was wearing a white long sleeves shirt with stripes, tucked in the black short skirt and a pair of knee length black socks. "What's Seungmin gonna wear? All black?"

Hyemi gave him a weird look and raised her shoulders afterwards. "He didn't say anything."

"You look fine, cute." Jeno gave her thumbs up, Hyemi pressing hers together on his, grinning.

"Thank you, twinnie."

Heejin slightly rolled her eyes and pulled Hyemi away from him. "Aight, make ups."

The girl blinked her eyes a few times, "I don't really wear them."

"Just a little touch up. Mia is an expert in this." Heejin brought her make up bag and asked Mia to take over.

As she's doing her make up, Hyemi glanced at the clock. Seungmin's gonna arrive in thirty minutes and she's getting nervous. "I don't know what to do during first date.."

"Don't worry! Seungmin got it all covered. Or else he won't be asking you out." Heejin reassured her, a bit to excited.

Jeno slightly nodded, "Don't forget first kiss."

"You don't kiss on first date, dumbass." Heejin snapped.

"Why not?"

"Some people just don't. Why don't you kno— oh you're single all the time." the girl snickered, making Jeno threw a pillow at her.

"You're single too."

"At least I had a boyfriend."

"Is that matter now?"

"Just date, both of you."

Both Heejin and Jeno shut their mouth when hearing Mia hissed. Heejin rolled her eyes and went downstairs.

Hyemi smiled at Jeno who had a sour expression through the mirror. "Chin up, boy. She just doesn't realise it yet."

"Or she wants to deny her feelings."

Hyemi nudged Mia, who laughed afterwards after seeing Jeno sadly laid his head on Hyemi's bed. "It's fine, I had no hope in the very beginning. Even if I act nice she'd just lash out."

"Yep, she's denying or flustered. Keep doing that and one day she'll accept you."

"Nope, don't keep doing that. Follow the cliché and ignore her. That will work."

"That's what happened to you and Seungmin."

She shook her head. "He didn't ignore me. He confessed before ignoring."

"That's basically the same thing." Mia argued. "Anyway, it's up to you if you wanna keep talking to her or not. She often lash out on you so ignore her. If she asks why, tell her that she never likes you talking to her then why bother?"

"Damn, so cliché." Hyemi laughed.

Jeno sighed, "I can't believe I'm taking advice from girls."

"Because Heejin's a girl, duh." Mia said, finally finishing the simple make up. "Done! Now you're ready!"

Jeno looked at Hyemi and a small smile appeared on his face. "I've never said sorry because of what Jeonghoon did."