o n e

edited 22aug21

• chapter one: kim seungmin's effect

I saw him again, walking into the class with a smile on his face. Jeongin trailed behind him while talking to him, but he seemed like he was in his own world.

Until they got on their seats, Jeongin nudged him.

And pointed his finger towards a direction.

Me.

Oh shoot.

I quickly looked away to the opened book in front of me, pretending to read. But I know they will not believe it.

I could see Jeongin chuckling from my peripheral vision, while Seungmin just ignored him. He took out his book from his bag and rolled his eyes towards the younger guy. I gulped silently. Why does he look scary?

Sighing, I returned completely to my book, not catching them with my peripheral vision anymore. It's not like he will notice me. I'm just a girl who loves to play badminton with bad grades in class. Actually, I don't think anyone would like me.

What a sad fact, huh?

For these past years I have been struggling for study yet I never make it to the top twenty. We have twenty six students in one class and usually I would get twenty three, or twenty four. And there's one time I was ranked last.

It's quite a shame because all girls in my class would make it to the top twenty, except me. I guess education just does not fit me well. Because I love sports. I wanted to go into a sport school but both my parents were against it. That's how I got stuck in this damned strict lesson high school.

Actually it's not that bad. Just for me. This is like a.. hell on earth?

Nah just kidding. I don't hate school.

The chair next to me screeched and I winced. The sound; the screeching sound oh my god it hurts my ears.

"Oops, sorry." A giggle greeted my hurting ears. Jeno grinned before sitting down, taking his seat.

"One more time I'll make sure I'll throw you out from the window." I threatened him. This was the umpteenth time he does this. He knew I couldn't handle the screeching yet he still do it. Even when the person behind us warns him, he ignores them. Talk about the most annoying person in South Korea.

A sly smile appeared on his face. "Oohh I'm so scared. The little Jung Hyemi wants to throw me off from the third level."

"Did I mention how much I dislike your feminine voice?" I scrunched my face in disgust.

He nodded. "You did, don't worry." then he grabbed something from his bag, secretly bringing them under the desk. "I brought some snacks."

Hearing the name snacks, my eyes lit up. I put down my pencil and fully turned to him, which he returned with a questioning look.

"It's for me you dimwit."

I knocked his head, hard. "If it's for you then you don't have to tell me, voice slacker."

"Excuse me my voice is like honey," he flipped his imaginary hair, causing me to gag. "Anyway, let's eat before the teacher comes."

I clapped my hands together happily as Jeno teared the package off. Eating snacks in the class is illegal, yet both of us still do this and so far we haven't get caught yet. This dumb boy in front of me taught me. After a year sitting beside him, everything would go different with the weird things he taught.

He gave me one chip of Lays' before getting himself one too. Lays' is my favourite chip since forever (even some of my friends think it's weird but they can't fight me).

"Mm. You know what? Eating illegally is more fun than eating legally." he stated the obvious truth. I nodded my head, agreeing with him as I took another one.

But as I munch on them, we felt a presence in front of our desks.

"You know you shouldn't do that."

I closed my eyes and let out a small sigh. We both turned to the person who's speaking and it's none than other, the president class.

As known as Kim Seungmin.

He had this straight face as his eyes bore into ours. Jeno quietly hid the chips packet under his desk, but being the noisy plastic the packet is, it made noise.

Seungmin let out a sigh and I bit my lower lip. He must be thinking about how unfeminine I am for eating in class. Oh god, does he know I'm crushing on him? Like a big fat crush on Seungmin?

"I don't wanna do this but-"

"Then don't do it." Jeno cut him off with pleading eyes. Seungmin shot him a weird look before it turns into a void expression again.

Wow I'm really crushing on a cold guy.

Jeno pouted a bit and mumbled a sorry before the guy in front of us continued.

"Just clean the class after dismissal." He said before returning to his place.

I breathed out, not knowing that I hold it since he stood in front of us while Jeno looked at me guiltily. "Well, it seems like this is the last time," he shrugged and clipped the packet with a clipper. "Our class president is really strict, huh? He only smiles at Minha sunbaenim."

My head clicked towards him as I heard the girl's name. I knitted my eyebrows together. "Who?"

"Minha sunbaenim. The one who always fights with Minho hyung. Seungmin and her are childhood best friends and I've only seen him laughing with her."

My chest unknowingly tightened at that. How come I never know about this? Seungmin has never get close to a girl?

Does he.. does he like her?

I mean Minha eonnie is pretty and she's kind (except towards Minho sunbaenim) so there's possibility for Seungmin to like her.

But he doesn't.. right?

I glanced once more towards the guy and he's talking with a smiley Jeongin. Even with no emotions on his face, he still looks stunning.

Why am I like this?

🥀