t h i r t y n i n e

edited 24aug21

• chapter 39: they care

jeongin: seungmin hyung is cuddly

jeongin: likee reaallyy cuddly so expect him to hug you often after this
;)

Hyemi turned off her phone quickly, not wanting anyone to read the message when she was literally alone at that moment. Alone at Seungmin's living room.

His house was big for a person who lives alone. In fact it looked like a CEO's house where there was a huge sliding door at the living room, heading to the swimming pool near the backyard. From the couch she could see the kitchen counter behind her before the dining table. He didn't have another level but there' was a small set of stairs attached to the wall, where his room was. Probably the space upstairs was a bit small but it looked cozy. She really wanted to walk around but decided not to since she didn't get any permissions from him.

He lives here alone?

She heard footsteps coming down. Seungmin had changed his uniform to a long sleeve black shirt as he slipped a grey hoodie over it. His brown locked look fluffier when he parted it to the side, showing his forehead. Hyemi immediately looked away when she's caught for staring.

"Let's go." he said, grabbing his house key.

"And here I am still in school uniform." she muttered, earning a giggle from him. The walk took a plenty of minutes before arriving her house. Stepping in, Seungmin immediately felt nervous when actually he had been there a few times. "You can sit down there, or play with my brothers. My mom's at the kitchen."

"I'll just help your mom." he whispered. Eventually her mom was excited to meet him again, gushing how handsome he is over and over again. Poor boy.

The dinner went well, and Hyemi was grateful for that. She walked into the kitchen with the dirty plates and saw Seungmin doing the dishes.

"Let me do it." she said, trying to push him off but the guy didn't budge. "Seungminnnnn"

He smiled cheekily and moved abruptly, making the girl stumbled to the side. "You–"

"Thank you." he took the plates from her and continued washing. Hyemi sighed.

"You're the guest. I can't let you do this."

"Why not? I used them as well." he argued back but his voice was soft, convincing her to let him be.

As she was about to reply, Hongjoong came in, whining, "Noona! Hyunjae throws my toy outside the window!"

"These kids..." she went out, searching for the toy. That was when her father came, a small smile played on his lips as he watched Seungmin.

"Seungmin-ssi."

The younger instantly turned off the tap, facing him and smilex.

"Are you taking care of my daughter well?"

He startled a bit hearing that.

"My daughter is a bit clumsy and she needs someone to watch over her since we are sometimes out of the country." he smiled sadly. "I'm sure she told you, right?"

"She did," he replied. "But don't worry, I'll take care of her."

So he cares about her safety. Seungmin thought.

"Oh no, Seungmin why are you doing the dishes?" her mother came in, pulling him aside. "It's okay, we can do it later."

"It's fine, Ms Jung. I really want to do it." he said politely but the woman shook her head.

"Let's have some snacks I've prepared. Hyemi will come down later." she gestured him to the living room and he had no choice but to obey. The three of them settled down at the couch in the living room. Slowly he felt the awkwardness fade away as they talk.

Hyemi sat on the first step of the stairs from the upside. She rested her chin on her fist, watching them. She was happy when seeing him getting along well with her parents. He had told them about his parents and somehow she felt relief when the guy doesn't look sad; maybe he hid it well.

Soon their conversation died and Hyemi walked down. Her father disappeared in the kitchen while her mother was cleaning the snack plates they used earlier. Seungmin volunteered to help but again, she didn't let him.

"Appa, we'll be outside for awhile." Hyemi informed him and dragged Seungmin outside, far from the door. "Did they say something mean to you?"

He shook his head before laughing. The girl frowned. "You know what? This is like a boyfriend meeting his girlfriend's family to ask for approval." he said and looked away.

Her eyes widened. "What?!"

"Don't shout. I'm just saying." he chuckled.

"That's not funny." she muttered, her cheeks tinted peek.

"They are nice." Seungmin smiled, taking her hand as they started walking. "I feel happy when talking to them even when they're not my parents."

Hyemi looked up to him with a small smile, "You can always come here, you know? They really like you."

He hummed as an answer. "How about you?"

"I don't."

His smile dropped and she giggled. Seungmin had been asking her that a few times and the answer is was the same. But actually she was not ready. She still liked him, she always do but she's afraid if something comes up between them and they both will get hurt. She didn't want that. At least until her parents know about Jeonghoon and will assure she's safe.

"You really don't?"

"Anyway, I think I'll just tell them tonight or in this week. But it won't be easy." her voice trailed off and Seungmin's concerned for her grew.

"I told you I can tell them."

She shrugged, still contemplating.

"But it's alright if you want to do it. I don't want you to get uncomfortable around me when telling them." he reassured her.

"Thanks."

Seungmin couldn't help it. He constantly looked at the girl and smiled. Holding her hand was not enough for him to stay close with her.

He is cuddly.

Out of sudden he pulled her into a hug, her cheeks pressed on his chest with eyes wide.

"Expect him to hug you often after this."

"Jeongin said you're cuddly." her voice muffled and he hummed. "This is so unlike you when I first know you."

"Forget that Seungmin. He's no longer exists for you."

Hyemi laughed as she hugged him back. "Who knows you're like this. I knew it since you held my hand when we crossed the road that one time."

He stifled a laugh. "I was really afraid to cross the road. That's not cuddly."

"Mhm sure." she detached the hug. "It's getting late. You should return now."

The guy pouted before ruffling her hair, "Goodnight."

"You too." she glared for messing with her hair.

Seungmin waved before walking away. And oh how he already missed her warmth.

🥀

a few fluff before they—