f i f t y f o u r

edited 29aug21

• chapter 54: are you staying?

"Try counting the stars."

Hyemi gave me a weird look before looking back to the sky. Here they provided beach-like chairs where we can lay down at watch the stars other than the moon. I could see her mouth moving a little, actually counting them.

I waites her to finish but two minutes passed as she kept miscount and did it over again. Some times I can't believe she's a bit dumb.

No hate, just love.

I laid on my side and put my arm over her waist, whining. "Stop counting. Pay attention to me instead."

"You asked me to count them first." she replied quickly and continued to count them. I snuggled my face closer to her neck and she giggled. "Your breath tickles."

"Ignore the stars for awhile. We can stargaze next time." I mumbled, closing my eyes to enjoy her warmth.

"Okay," she turned her head and abruptly stopped when our faces were just a few inches apart. She blinked her eyes a few times and obviously we could hear each others' fast heartbeat.

Fuck, that lips.

I gulped and looked away, pulling my arm off her to sit properly on the chair. She remained in her spot, slightly looking a bit upset. "Did you finish counting the stars?"

She placed her head on my lap, looking to the side. "You told me to stop counting so no."

I laughed as my hands played with her hair. "You know why cutie?"

"No." she snapped. Welp maybe she's sulking.

"Because they are uncountable."

She turned to fully look up to me. "And you asked me to count them?"

"Because," I lowered my head, purposely making her flustered as our faces are close again. "That's my love for you. Uncountable."

I couldn't raise my head back because I am too, feel shy. I'm not used to say these things. I've never had a girlfriend before so I'm freaking out–

"Too cheesy."

Well, fuck.

"But cute." she giggled and kissed my cheek. My eyes widened and immediately raised my head back as she sat up straight. "Where did you learn that?"

I ignored her question.

did she just kiss me?

It's just on the cheek but it's STILL a kiss.

My girlfriend just kissed me oh my god.

"Oh crap, did I break you?" she laughed and cupped my cheeks. "Seungminnie, are you okay?"

"You kissed me.." I muttered, her smile became wider.

"Is it a coincidence that.. my love for you is uncountable too?" she tilted her head slightly to the side.

I shook my head and pulled her hands off me. "Of course not, you're supposed to feel the same. We're dating now."

She laughed more. "Is this the same Seungmin I know last year?" she teased, poking my shoulder.

"I told you that side of Seungmin left. He's no longer here." I scoffed playfully, making her giggle. "Do people take photos on first date?"

"Dummy, they do." Hyemi opened the camera app and quickly captured my not-ready photo. My eyes widened a bit as I tried to snatch the phone from her but she retreated her hand. "Noooo I can use this for blackmailing," she laughed. "Let's take tons of pictures before you left."

I hid my smile as I wrapped my arm around her waist, posing for the camera. We took some proper and the rest of it are silly faces, due to her request. "Send them to me." She nodded slightly and soon my phone dings.

사랑♡ sent you 15 photos

(note: 사랑♡ = Love♡)

"Is that my contact name?" she asked while looking at me. I turned off my phone, blinking my eyes twice.

"Uh.. yeah.."

Hyemi looked down to her phone as her cheeks turned red. "Thanks."

I giggled, pulling her to rest her back on my chest. I put my phone in front of her, unlocking it. "Since we date I only have photos of you during the photoshoot. But I keep the USB in my locker and always forgot to bring it home. So I set this as my wallpaper." I showed the photo and she bursted into laughter. It was a photo of her and Mia on the sports day last year but I covered Mia's face with a sticker of a cat.

"Mia and Renjun would be mad." she joked. Renjun is her boyfriend but I've never really talked to him. Just passing by each other and that's all. Both of them are quite popular so he's no stranger.

We browsed the photos we just took and chose one of them as the lockscreen and she did the same. "You said we're going to have another three dates?"

"I did?"

"Em, before you leave," she looked at me with a slight pout. "Nah I'm just kidding. I will still have tests and you're going to LA."

I turned her around, our knees touching. For a moment I just realised we are still at the museum but I ignored it. There's no one here anyway. If there are cctv they can be jealous of our cute interactions.

"I talked to him about you. Again, he said thanks you for taking care of me. He feels a bit guilty though."

"You're welcome.." Hyemi mutterex, looking down to her hands.

I put a hand on her cheek, making her to look at me. Smiling softly, I squeezed her cheeks.

"I'm staying."

Her eyes went big before throwing herself on me. "Really? You're staying? You're not leaving Korea? Not leaving me?"

I laughed at her reaction and hugged her. "Yes cutie, I'm staying. Thanks to you for that day he believes I'll always have someone to reach out and to company me every day."

"You make me so nervous earlier! I was thinking about this for the whole week and you just told me now?" she cried.

"It's a surprise on our first date. Don't you like it?"

She nodded, sniffling a bit. "I do."

Gosh, she's so precious. I planted a short kiss on her forehead. "From now on don't worry about anything else. Just focus on us, alright?"

Again, Hyemi nodded. "Just us."

"Good girl," I ruffle her hair, brushing our noses together. "Put our trust together and we will stay, I promise."

🥀