e p i l o g u e

edited 29aug21

• epilogue: the three words

- two months later

Hyemi

"Don't start the movie yet!"

Hyunjin groaned in frustration as he threw the cushion, hitting Jisung's face. "Quick, you slow ass snail!"

The other huffed, putting the cushion on the couch. "Sit in a circle. Everyone."

"Are we gonna summon something?" Heejin peeked from behind the kitchen wall, only to earn a knock on the head from Mia.

Jeno chuckled and pulled her to the living room, sitting next to each other. "How dumb. We're gonna reveal which university we're going, stupid."

"You don't call your girlfriend stupid." she glared. Yep, both of them got together during the prom night. Heejin admitted she was denying her feelings towards him when Jeno suddenly ignored her. He actually followed our cliché moves and I'm not surprised.

I was sitting next to Felix with the empty space on my left for Seungmin. Soon he came with Jeongin, Mia and Renjun with snacks for the movie.

"Alright! Do you bring your offer letters?" Jisung asked, a little bit excited. Heejin joined his excitement as she pulled out the folded letter proudly. "Anyway, do any one of you already know the others?"

We shook our head no. I looked over to Seungmin who looked calm for the whole time. Actually I'm nervous and afraid. What if he did not get the same as mine? I remember telling him about long distance relationship the other day and what he said was true. But I'm still afraid.

"Minnie," I whispered as I nudged him. "What if-"

He quickly cut me off with a peck on my cheek and I blushed. With a mischievous grin, he asked. "What if?"

"Screw you." I hit his shoulder and he laughed, wrapping an arm around my waist.

"You're worried?" I sighed, nodding a little. "It's fine, pup. We're gonna work."

I hope so.

Hyunjin threw us a scrunched face. "Do lovey dovey in private please."

"This is my house so don't tell me." Seungmin shot back, making me giggle.

"I bet Hyemi got Korea National Sport University." Mia said. "You've always wanted to go to a sport school."

She knew me well. But I didn't get that. That was my third choice.

"You applied for sport school?" Felix asked and I nodded. "Wow I never know you're in sport."

I just grinned sheepishly and noticed Jeongin's looking at my direction. When I realised he was not looking at me, I turned to Seungmin. He looked down, folding the edge of the offer letter weakly. Ugh suddenly I feel bad.

"On three!" Mia exclaimed and Renjun counted.

"Just show the logo." Jisung said quickly and when Renjun said one, Jisung was the first to show us and screamed, "University of Seoul!"

"You said just the logo!" Hyunjin smacked him. "We got the same."

"Uh.. same." Jeno chimed in and Heejin whipped her head to him, the logo was clearly shown on her letter. Yonsei University. I turned to Felix and he got the same as Heejin and Jeongin.

Heejin was clearly sad. I gulped silently suddenly not wanting to know which university Seungmin got. But my paper was showing and he took it from me. "Why are you sad?"