29: Jimin's crush

"Where did you get that?" Cheol asks, sitting on the sofa space beside me

Cheol had come over to my house as no one was home at his own place and he's been bored.
He pinches part of the left sleeve of the leather jacket I'm wearing.

"It actually looks really familiar, but I've never seen you wear it before," he says.

"I stole it from your brother. He doesn't deserve such a fine jacket," I reply.
Cheol snorts.

"I think that's the one he was gloating over because he bought it with his own money."

"He doesn't even have a job, where'd he get that money?" I ask.

"Well-" he leans forward to grab his phone from off the coffee table- "he mows the lawn sometimes."
I snort.

"I don't know how he ever managed to have a girlfriend with no job, how many has he had?"
Cheol thinks for a moment.

"I think, maybe three? Although you could hardly call them relationships, the first was when he was fourteen and it hardly lasted a week."

"The second was when he was fifteen and lasted only two months," I snigger. I recall Jimin talking about how he didn't have feelings for the girl in the first place.

"Yeah, he was a bit of a douche with that one," Cheol chuckles.

"No kidding."

"The third was a couple months after the second, the longest one yet," Cheol says.

"Oh yeah, that one lasted up until this earlier year, didn't it?" I ask.

"It ended several weeks before his sixteenth," Cheol agrees.

"Think he'll ever have a serious relationship?" I ask.

"Jimin's problem is that he never actually liked those girls, I don't really know why he went out with them. I think he tried really hard with the last girl though. He told me once, that he really wanted to like her and he just couldn't understand why he didn't."

"Man, I almost feel bad for him," I say with a long sigh. "He must've felt pretty rotten about it."

"He did. I know what it feels like not being able to have feelings for anyone and it's kind of a sad thing," Cheol says, he focuses on his phone.
I glance at his screen and realise with a churn in my stomach that he's texting So-yi again.

"But then I met So-yi and my issue was solved, I realised I could have like someone. I'm sure Jimin will find his special someone soon enough."

"Our situations aren't the same."

Cheol and I whip around to see Jimin leaning against the lounge doorway. His face expresses a complicated emotion, maybe bitterness mixed with something else?

"Oh?" Cheol says. He smiles at his younger brother.
Jimin saunters into the room and drops onto the other sofa, apart from us.

"You had feelings for no one until you met So-yi. I've simply been blind to my own feelings." He looks greatly displeased at his admittance.