32: Peace before the Storm

Confession Time: The other day I was just pudging around the house when it hit me- HoW FreAkiNG LoNg it had been since I last updated this novel. I freaked. So here we are. This chapter is a bit meatier (longer) than I usually do. I'm feeling rather apologetic for my long absence BAHAHA. Every time I thought "Maybe I should just end the chapter here" I thought NU... I'll take forever to get on this kind of a role again, I mustn't break the progress. If this chapter is confusing, I'm sorry, it was done in like two sittings (two days).

When we exit our tent we find a makeshift eating area that Mr and Mrs Kim had made nearer their tent

When we exit our tent we find a makeshift eating area that Mr and Mrs Kim had made nearer their tent. It consists of a little circle of mismatched camping chairs surrounding a classic looking camp fire and a small portable bbq that Mrs Kim was sizzling some scraps of pork on. I settle on a low to the ground, blue camp chair beside the slightly taller one Soomin claimed.

The evening air is still robust with a warm breeze that tumbles through my hair, but even so my feet are chilly from tramping through the forest floor leaves with my fairly thin converse shoes that I had ditched the sandals I had been wearing prior, for. I spread my legs out towards the small flame dancing in the middle of the circular campfire, wiggling my toes to get the blood rushing there. On the opposite side of the circle from us, sits Jimin and Taehyung, their heads angled towards each other as they murmur about their "private business".

"Ugh, they may be a pain but at least they're good entertainment," Soomin grumbles, watching her brother and Jimin from over the fire pit.

"Speak for yourself." I grin up at her. "All Jimin does is sit on me and that's not all that entertaining."

"Not all that entertaining for you, you mean," she replies with a gleam in her eyes. She continues to watch the boys. I guess she's trying to pick up what they're talking so secretively about. Soomin isn't typically a nosy person but she does like to have a general knowledge about what goes on around her and, more importantly, she likes to have dirt on her brother's actions.

"They like to grumble a lot about hanging out with us, but we all know that we're more entertaining than they are which is why they try and hang around anyway. So, the reason behind their distance now, must mean something juicy, right?" She leans down closer to me and speaks softly so that the boys can't hear.

"Ooh, what do you think it is?" My lips form a wide grin as the delight of mischief kicks in.

"Well." Soomin starts out, her eyes twinkling with the hopes of verbally assaulting her brother.

I know what I think it is. Jimin is probably confessing to Taehyung that he has a crush on Soomin. That's probably the cause of the semi-serious expressions on the two boys' faces, semi-serious because neither of them can be overly serious for long, or short, periods of time.