37: So-yi and I

It's probably my imagination but the car ride home felt a lot longer than the trip out, yet at the same time it felt shorter

It's probably my imagination but the car ride home felt a lot longer than the trip out, yet at the same time it felt shorter. Perhaps it was due to the stresses of sitting next to Park Jimin the pig, these stresses of course, were less focused on the fact that he's a pig and more focused on how to deal with the fact that he's a hot pig.

Wow, it's been awhile since I've thought of him as a pig.

Even so, all journeys must come to an end and now was the end of this one. The Kim's car pulled down my street. The car drives much slower down this road, so I get to properly watch the familiar houses and gardens roll by. The only thing on my mind now is how incredibly heavy my legs feel. I really don't want to move again.

"Jimin, you said that you'd just get dropped off here as well right?" Mr Kim called to the back.

"Yes, thanks," Jimin replies politely.

Finally we pull into my driveway and come to a halt. Taehyung has to get out first and pull forward his seat so that Jimin and I can exit. Taehyung pops the boot for us and helps us find our luggage. Soomin comes up to me and hugs me, thanking me for coming with her on their trip, I return with a thanks of my own and then we thank Mr and Mrs Kim for taking us before lugging our bags to the front door. We wave goodbye to the Kims as they pull out then I drop one of my bags to open the front door. Jimin waits for me to enter first and then we both dump our bags in the entrance room.

"Honey, is that you?" Mum calls from the kitchen.

"Yep, and Jimin."

"Oh, how was the trip, you two?" she asks pleasantly.

"Really cool," Jimin calls back to her.

"Your family is going to be over in a minute for dinner," mum says.

I trudge into the kitchen, fully aware of Jimin following so close behind me. Jimin takes a seat at the kitchen table and pulls out his phone and I walk to the kitchen and boil the jug. Mum stops me in my tracks with a hug and a kiss to the cheek.

"How are you feeling? Tired?" she pouts sympathetically into my face as she sees my eyes drooping in exhaustion from the long drive.

"Yeah," I say, hugging her back tightly. Her motherly scent fills my nostrils, telling me that I truly am back home. She releases me back to my task.

"Are you two hungry?" she raises her voice to address Jimin as well.

"I am," Jimin states.

"Me too."

"Good, dinner's nearly ready and you two can be the first to eat," she says, pleased.

I dig around in the cup cupboard for my favourite mug and my eyes rest upon one that I know Jimin to favour.

"Jimin?" I call to him over my shoulder.

"Mm?"

"Wanna hot drink?" I ask.