19: Koala

Jimin's POV

Jimin's POV

I hadn't lied to her.

At the time I was sitting there, thinking over what I would eat and drink for a late lunch only to find that a pretty waitress was blatantly flirting with me. I looked her up and down, she was attractive but all of a sudden any desire to fan the flame of whatever mutual attraction that had just sparked between me in this girl was doused in the name of a certain someone with a loud squelch. I remember quickly shooting glances at Y/n who sat beside me, rolling her eyes with a slight smile on her face at Cheol.

What was this? Why did I not have any need to carry the idea of this possible fun endeavour with this pretty waitress at all?

I didn't feel like I needed to because I was clearly obsessed.

There was no such thing as falling in love with Y/n, I told myself that there and then but I was clearly very infatuated with the feeling and rush I got from her when certain events occurred. So instead I killed two birds with one stone; get the flirty waitress off my back and a new free opportunity to openly tease Y/n.

I hadn't lied to her either when I told her I didn't know why I did it. I hadn't the slightest clue why I wanted her attention over a pretty girl who actually liked me. And when Y/n asked if I was in love my brain froze completely.

That very night I came back to what shot through me in those brief moments of a severe brain freeze;

In love? Surely she couldn't have realised...

I stopped myself in that moment. No, I wasn't in denial over anything because it was the truth. I just found her reactions amusing. I was not in love.

No way.

But still, it was scary to me. Like when you quietly struggle with something and hardly even notice it and then someone asks you a question and you wonder if it's really true because it appears someone has noticed.

Had she noticed?

Had I been giving out the signs of someone that was in love? No way.

And surely she wouldn't expect that the person I was struggling over thoughts with was her. Surely no. Actually there was no way she would think that right? I know I'd been a little bit strange with her recently but I was positive she wouldn't interpret that for love.

What should do? I thought uncomfortably. I shifted slightly in my sleeping bag so that I could see her, as if that would answer my question. I didn't realise that was a bad decision because I ended up staring at her face. Taking in each of her features, one I lingered on was her lips, they were parted slightly in her sleep. I stared at the parting for a far too long of time before cathing myself and forcing my eyes away to study something else. Apparently staring at her face was too dangerous for my brain at the current time so instead I closed my eyes, another bad decision. Suddenly I became aware of her scent. It was sweet and familiar, familiar because I had known it for my entire life but I only seemed to realise how appealing it was now. I wanted to curl up and into that scent, I wanted to feel the warmth that was being emitted along with that sweet scent from her. As if on some automatic system, my body moved forward until I hovered in front of her neck. Her sweet scent was much stronger here so I burrowed into the soft skin of her neck, nuzzling my face into the area.