41: The Issue of What We Are

Another half of a year has passed us by and here I am, only one more chapter in. The months move so fast these days that I come back to check when I last updated this book and sit there with a shocked pikachu face for like five minutes to find I last updated in October! Me apologizing to you guys for the update times is just a part of my normal greeting at this point LmFao. At this point I should just go to jail for such cruel treatment of my fellow human beings. Anyway, hope you enjoy another chapter, teehee.

"Do you think anyone's here?" An unfamiliar masculine voice spoke in hush tones.

I stared blankly.

"Jimin." I shook him a little, the movement also vibrating throughout my own body.

"Wah?" He snorted and nestled his face into my stomach, his nose digging straight in. The sensation nearly made me laugh.

"Jimin," I hissed.
He lifted his head from me and looked at me with blurry eyes, his hair sticking up towards the ceiling like little black antennae. He'd apparently been dozing better than I'd predicted, I didn't have time to ooze warmly at the ever so soft, baby sight of him looking so adorable and vulnerable to teasing. By now I heard two voices whispering, though I could no longer make out the words. Then the first voice picked up in sound again and now Jimin was frowning, tilting his ear toward the sound, though I felt his body stay relaxed.

"I think I'm familiar with that voice," he said thoughtfully.

"Jimin!?" Came an alarmed, totally familiar accent from the other room.

"Ji-ae!?" I yelled back.

"Y/n!"
And finally Ji-ae peeked her head into the lounge archway, her eyes open wide.

"I didn't know you'd be back already!" She laughed nervously.

"That's enough outta you," I sassed back. "Who are you whispering to so secretly?"
But it was clear to me that Ji-ae was not listening to me. Her eyes were focused on the gap between Jimin and I, or rather, to be more specific, lack thereof. She stared for a very long moment, her jaw ever so slowly, ever so slightly coming agape. It seemed, that she was trying to make sense of what she was seeing, Y/n and Jimin so close and so at peace? Not possible. But why should she be so surprised? She better than anyone knew what had been going on between us. Maybe seeing it in real life was just too much a shock, but then she did move. She dashed forward with amicable speed, snatched a nearby cushion from the couch and descended upon Jimin like an eagle sighting a fish beneath the rippling surface of a lake. She slammed the pillow down over his head again and again yelling out;
"WHAT ARE YOU DOING TO ME SISTER! GET OFFFFF!"
Jimin fell to the floor and kicked his arms and legs up to protect himself from the onslaught of attacks. Unconcerned, as I knew Ji-ae wouldn't really kill him, I was able to notice a new figure stand in the lounge's archway. A young man, with light brown hair and a model's face. He had an ideal nose and plump lips, his expression was gentle and good natured. Perhaps this was the owner of the male voice?

"Y/n!" Jimin's pleas for help finally cut through and I leapt from the couch and snatched Ji-ae's weapon from her.

"Ji-ae!" I said sternly. "He wasn't doing anything other than sleeping like the giant lump he is."

"Exactly!" Jimin rejoined. "Wait-"

"Y/n, you're too innocent. I know that our Jimin looks as innocent and helpless as a newborn lamb, but he's a teenage boy!"

"I do not-" Jimin started.

"Ji-ae, be reasonable. We've known him all our lives."

"Oh, stop," Jimin said flatly.
The handsome newcomer started cracking up from his place in the archway. Jimin lifted himself up from the floor and stared at the man, his mouth dropping open in half a gape, half smile.