6: Chips

I settled myself on the picnic blanket that mum and Iseul had laid so carefully out

I settled myself on the picnic blanket that mum and Iseul had laid so carefully out. I had to make sure I was close to the food but it also meant I would have to fight for this place of seating, Jimin and the twins would be out to get it but I refused to be dethroned. I dived for the loaf of bread first, compelled by it's fresh scent and driven by my fear of being pushed out of the way by a crazy pig and two hyper twelve year olds. I would have to act quick before the others came to sit down. Jimin was already making his way back up towards us and the twins who were splashing about in the sparkling waves were starting to realise the situation at hand so now they two were racing back through the water.

"Y/n! Hold your horses the food isn't going to run away," mum snapped as she eyed me with a disapproving grimace. I was so occupied with desperately searching through the baskets of food that I didn't even notice Cheol had sat beside me and was now laughing knowingly at what was about to go down. Finally I caught sight of the item I sought after so diligently. I snatched up the chip packet with a victorious shriek while simultaneously stuffing the rest of my slice of bread into my mouth, which muffled said shriek into something that sounded more like a baby goose being strangled. My hands slipped on the smooth and shiny surface of the packet as I tried to open it so that I could gobble up the golden treasures within before they were snatched away from me by a...

I paled and my heart sped up when a shadow was thrown over my body, my muscles tensed with the premonition that a fight was about to break out.

"Having fun there?" Cooed a soft and melodic voice. The speaker's breath brushed my ear sending that weird tingling feeling across my skin. I whipped around only to find exactly what I had been expecting;

Jimin.

And he was leaning over me with an evil smirk plastered across his face. Somewhere in the background dad groaned.

"You shall not take this away from me," I hissed and bared my teeth at the boy. He cocked an eyebrow and tilted his head in an almost innocent manner as though he hadn't the slightest idea what I was talking about. Oh, but he knew. I knew he knew and he knew that I knew that he knew. His eyes betrayed him, shining with a malicious mischief. Hana and Yun's excites calls about food seemed to act as a signal for the relaxation to end and for the war to once again bare it's fangs down upon us.

Jimin shot down and yanked the packet from my grasp before making a run for it, he knew perfectly well that I would come after him to retrieve my beloved. I pushed myself off of the ground with a mighty kick and rocketed after the thief. I flew after him with my head lowered, I imagined myself to resemble a furious bull at this time. Jimin made a u turn and scarpered passed me but I reached out while he attempted to slip by and my hand thudded into his stomach, as much as this hurt my wrist the pain was entirely worth it as Jimin had to halt to tend to his wounded stomach leaving me a wide open window of opportunity to take back what was rightfully mine. With my chips recovered I tiredly begun the trek back to the picnic site. Everyone had settled around the baskets and was now chowing down all the precious food.