11: Aloe Vera

Your POV

Your POV

Jimin had made his first move of war. I was on constant edge. I couldn't turn my back on a snake like him. I had to be aware and alert, after all it was only yesterday when he had 'sexually harassed' me. I kept close to Cheol's side, Jimin wouldn't make a move so long as his older brother was around and keeping an eye on things... at least not a move like that.

Once again the sun blazed down heatedly upon us, so in response to the sun's attack the group of kids, as dad called us, trudged down the path and onto the beach. I could already feel the waves of heat being emitted from the golden grains of sand beneath my sandals. The sun was, of course, also trying to bake me alive. I felt as though I was the meat in the middle of a heat sandwich. I panted as I dragged my beach bag down the dune of sand. I kicked off my sandals and booked it towards the cool water that rushed up from the deep ocean to lap at the beach shore.

"Where are you going?" Cheol yelled after me. I sighed a breath of relief once I had been plunged knee-deep into the water which soothed my burning feet.

"I'm obviously going to swim," I snorted, turning back to look at him as he continued speaking.

"Aren't you going to put sun-screen on?" He asked like the worried grandmother that he was. I smiled to myself at how loving and caring he was, adoring the feeling that it gave me when he tried to protect, even from the sun's rays. However, this one time I was far too impatient to listen to his concerned words.

"It'll be fine," I said, waving a hand in the air as if to brush his worries off. I turned back to the oncoming waves and prepared to dive into a large swell coming my way.

I soon forgot my fears of Jimin's next attack and just enjoyed the time on the beach. Everyone was too busy swimming and having a good time that there wasn't even one argument or wrestle between me and the snake.

Yeah, Jimin was a snake now... a snake-pig hybrid.

We stayed out for hours and everyone was having such a good time that I forgot to put on any sunscreen at all, I didn't even apply it once. I pressed my finger to my skin and felt dread creep into my stomach as I saw the spot were I had poked stay a light color for a moment before melting away. This meant I'd be very badly burnt. I didn't say a word, I didn't want Cheol tutting at me and saying 'I told you so' in a superior tone. Once we had arrived at the house it was practically dinner time so we all plopped down into seats at the table. When my mother entered the room with a large salad bowl she gasped at me.

"What?" I asked.

"Y/n, you're so red!" She exclaimed. I flew up from my seat and looked in the mirror that hung from the wall. My eyes grew at the bright pink hue that covered my forehead, cheeks and especially shoulders.

"Oh flip," I said darkly. Jimin was having a silent laughing fit in his seat while Cheol shook his head with a knowing smile and said the words I had tried to avoid;