Christmas special: Squabbles

A LATE Christmas special xD

Narrator's POV

The air was chilled that late night on December the 25th. Snowflakes were gently drifting down from the heavens to coat the earth in their delicate, white and shimmering blanket. It was a quiet night. Every person huddled up inside their houses with their loved ones, tearing into presents and this was exactly what was happening in a peaceful neighbourhood. If you stopped directly outside of the house displaying a large number three on it's mailbox you might be able to hear the delighted squeals of children as their parents finally allowed them to rush into the living room so that they could impatiently eye the shiny pile of presents stacked under the dark green tree.

"As always, youngest first," Mrs. Jung would say as she did every year. She elegantly lowered herself onto the plush sofa as she chuckled at the young children all crowded around the tree on the floor. Mrs. Park sat beside her best friend and the two women watched as the first child dared to make their move. A seven year old Park Jimin pushed himself to his feet so that he could grab himself a present that had his name written on it only to be rudely stopped by a small hand shooting out in front of him. Jimin looked up to see who had prevented him from tearing into his gifts. A small girl with big, bright eyes stared back at him with disapproval. Around Christmas the house was always very dim, nearly the only lighting in the house was the warm candles that danced atop the wax sticks. The candlelight reflected beautifully in the large eyes of a seven year old Y/n.

"I'm the youngest, so it's my turn," she whined to the boy before her. Jimin scrunched up his little face to complain. Mrs. Park started giggling about the young girl's behaviour but Y/n's own mother wasn't as impressed.

"Come now Y/n, don't be so rude to Jimin," Mrs. Jung scolded.

"But mama, Jimin is six months older than me," Y/n pouts.

"I'm surprised you remembered," Mrs. Park says impressively.

"Of course she remembers," Mr. Jung exclaims happily from the living room entrance. "My daughter is a genius!"

"Sure just forget about me," Jung Ji-ae says in a mock tone of offence from her place beside the three year old twins. "Auntie Iseul I think Yun and Hana are getting sleepy."

"Good thing they already opened their presents," Auntie Iseul sighed and rubbed her temples tiredly.

"Ji-ae, help me choose a present to open," Y/n tugged on her sister's shirt, looking up at her big sister with round, sweet eyes. Ji-ae smiled at her sibling.

"Okay Y/n," Ji-ae says softly. Ji-ae was always kind to her sister. For a twelve year old she was very mature.

"I'll help too," Cheol says.

"No you should help me," Jimin says, clinging onto his brother.

"He can help you after," Y/n scowls.

"You have Ji-ae," Jimin presses on. The two seen year olds were glaring at each other.

"I want both," Y/n says selfishly.

"Cow," Jimin whispers.

"Pig," Y/n retorts. While the mother's are furiously scolding their children the two father's who still stand in the entrance to the room double over in laughter at their feisty offspring. Y/n a Jimin both lunge for each other. Ji-ae and Cheol rush in to make piece between the young children.

"Someone grab the gingerbread, I think we're going to need a distraction!" Ji-ae cries.

A little Christmas Special I cooked up for you guys but it's super late xD This is actually written on New Years Eve so whatever. Happy 2019 everybody! I would have liked to update this book more during the week but I'm going on a little holiday for a couple days and I have no power or wifi so yeah. Oh also yeah you have an older sister who is currently in university that's why she isn't on the trip.
-EG xXx

Don't forget to vote 😘

Unedited.