20: Bikini-less

Swimming

Swimming. It's a pleasant experience. I for one rather enjoy swimming, especially in the ocean. There's just something about the beach that makes you feel energetic. Maybe it's the echo of summer, the sun beaming down upon you as you dive into the swelling waves with your friends. Eventually you'll get cold so you begin the long trudge up to the beach so that you can relax happily in the sand.

What does all this really mean?

Nothing. Other than, I love the beach.

In this moment, however, I did not love the beach all that much. In fact I was slightly terrified. The sun's, usually welcoming warm rays were doing nothing for me and that was all because of one reason that brought up a whole lot of issues.

This reason being that...

I had no bikini top on.

And I was losing my mind.

I cowered in the waves, my mind desperately searching for anything that could get me out of this ginormous pickle. The rest of the group had already joined one another and were now waiting for me.

"Is something wrong?" Cheol yelled from where he was. He took a step in my direction.

"W-What!?" I gasped frantically. "No, no I'm completely fine." Everyone stared, they obviously thought that I was completely not fine. I can't say I blame them because I sure as heck didn't appear that way. I tried to calm myself, I was safe and alive but I had a complete lack of a certain essential clothing item. I shielded my chest with my arms under the water, I was still chin-deep in the water. Jimin's eyes were boring into me, searching for the answer for my strange behavior, this of course made me far more panicked.

I needed to figure out what to do. I had to do something and I had to do it quickly.

"Y-yun! Hana, could you come over here please? There's something I want to show you," I said, I attempted to sound nonchalant but even I could hear the underlying urgency in my voice. The girls exchanged a worried glance before wading over. They could see my frenzied eyes so they both shielded me from the view of the boys and spoke in low voices, I could just hear them over the waves.

"What's wrong?" Yun asked.

"It would appear that I have lost something kind of important," I hissed. Hana tilted her head to the side and Yun gestured for me to continue. "My bikini top has run away."

The girl's eyes widened with surprise before they both broke into grins.

"That's hilarious," Hana snorted.

"No, it really is not hilarious!" I shouted. The three of us froze and turned to look at Cheol and Jimin who were staring at me questioningly after my outburst.

"What's up?" Jimin called.

"Y/n found a crab!" Yun lied. We returned to our huddle. "Alright here's the plan," Yun begun. "Hana distracts Jimin and Cheol while Y/n returns to the beach where the safety of the towels are, meanwhile I'll search for the bikini top and once Y/n is safely covered Hana can help me search." Hana and I nodded.