31: Kaleidoscope

It's a long trip from Seoul to wherever the camping site is

It's a long trip from Seoul to wherever the camping site is. Soomin and I listen to music through shared earbuds to keep ourselves entertained but I feel myself dozing off after only thirty minutes of being in the car. Jimin and Taehyung, who lost the game of paper, scissors, rock, sit in the cramped backseat while Soomin and I got to claim the middle ones.

"How is she already trying to sleep?" Jimin snorts from right behind me. I feel him jab me in the back of the head.

Without thinking I pull off my sandal and throw it at him.

"Wait actually, can I have that back?" I perk up and turn around to face him, holding out my hand.

Jimin is holding the shoe in his hand. He considers it for a moment.

"Nah," he says.

♠︎♠︎♠︎

The car pulls up to small cafe for breakfast. I follow Soomin out of the car, leaning on her so that I don't have to put my bare foot down on the concrete.

"You should have known better than to throw the shoe at him," she says.

"I know," I grumble.

Soomin and I harass the two boys as they do the stupid thing and climb over the backs of our seat instead of just using the lever to push the seats down and forward.

"You're taking too long!" I jeer as I watch Jimin's legs finally fall with the rest of him down onto my seat.

"Honestly, these kids," Mr Kim says with a laugh.

"I'm glad Taehyung was able to find a friend as eccentric as he is," Mrs Kim adds.

Once everyone is out and the car is locked we head inside for a lunch. As usual Jimin finds a way to sit next to me and steal all of my food. He ends up not liking the drink he chose so he drinks most of mine while I'm preoccupied with my chips. I retaliate by spitting on his egg and bacon, English muffin. Jimin left my shoe in the car so when we're finished lunch and head back out to the car I give Jimin a surprise attack. I bound up behind him and jump on his back, wrapping my arms around his neck and yelling out; "Yeehaw!"

"What the?" Jimin yelps.

"Giddyup swine, you stole my shoe so now you have to be it."

"You were the one who threw your shoe at me, it's not my fault your stupid," complains Jimin.

Thankfully Mr and Mrs Kim have seen Jimin and I around each other enough to not be disturbed by our behaviour around each other. Sometimes I forget to filter out my personality while with Jimin when around people who aren't yet, quite used to our idiocy. There have been occasions where I catch someone gaping at how rude we are to each other without consequences from those around us. The rule that all people who knows us well seem to accept is, that when you're around Jimin and I and we're being morons, you simply ignore us. Jimin mutters grumpily as he piggybacks me to the car.