38: I give Jimin a cold

Well, well, well...
If it isn't me (feeling sorry as usual because it has been so long since my last update). But here we are after some time. I'm for starving you all for so long, so frequently 😂

 I'm for starving you all for so long, so frequently 😂

The sunlight filtered in through my sheer curtains. My room slowly blurring into view as I open my weary eyes. My head feels heavy - my body too - feeling like it was carved from stone, sinking into the mattress. I try sitting up, my mess of a hair sweeping down around my surroundings. I swallow and immediately regret it. There's  a sharp sting in my throat and the back of my throat feels closed up. A heaviness behind my sinuses starts to filter in through the morning sensory overload and it hits me; I'm sick.

Ugh, I feel terrible.

I drag myself from my bed clothes and wrap myself up in my fluffy dressing gown. I head downstairs for the kitchen, where Mum is preparing breakfast for her and Dad, the only other person awake. He's perched on one of the barstools, wholly engrossed in his morning newspaper. 

"Good morning, honey," Dad says absently, petting my head as I walk by him.

"You're up early," Mum comments, evidently pleased by this.

I waddle up to her like an overgrown toddler and stick my bottom lip out.

"Mum, I don't feel so good," I grumble.

She looks up from the sizzling pan of eggs and bacon to take in my thoroughly disheveled front. She places her hand on my forehead; it's cool to the touch and pleasant against the headache that's throbbing just beneath my skin.

"Aww, baby," she whines for me.

"Don't baby her. She needs to go to school anyway; I always did," Ji-ae says, sauntering into the kitchen, looking as refreshed as though she'd just gone for a morning swim.

There's no way that she just woke up like that. Maybe this wasn't so early after all.

"She might cause a pandemic," Dad sniggers. "Look at her, she's clearly got some nasty virus."

"Dad," I whine.

"But Y/n, your Dad and I are both out today, you'll have no one to take care of you," Mum says, spooning the eggs and bacon onto two plates with buttered toast already waiting for them.

"That's fine," I chirp.

That's more than fine. I wouldn't mind a day to my own devices. I'd get to watch television on the big screen and be sick in peace.

"I'm not comfortable with it." Mum shakes her head. "Maybe I should call in and say I can't make it today," she mumbles to herself.

"Don't worry-" Ji-ae interjects.

I look up at my sister, feeling appreciative. Ji-ae always knows how to convince our parents that they worry too much. I feel a wave of gratitude for my sister and how far our relationship has developed since the time all we used to do was squabble of useless things.