Chapter Thirteen

Raylynn

Oh my God, that really happened. I thought. I was laying on my side, motionless, in Chris' bed. He was curled into my back with his arm wrapped tight across my waist. He was naked, I was wearing the shirt he wore yesterday with nothing on underneath. I was happy, excited, but I was also cautious because this took Chris and I's relationship to another level. I wanted to get up and wallow in my embarrassment alone in one of the spare rooms but I didn't want to wake Chris up or give him the idea that I was ashamed by what we did last night.

I decided to try again. I slowly lifted Chris' muscular arm and laid it on his side. Then, moving incredibly slow, I eased myself out of the bed. Successful in my effort, I walked to Chris' bathroom, closed the door, and sat in the bathtub. I looked at the clock hanging on the bathroom wall, it read 6:08am. I'll start getting ready at 7:00. I told myself.

I wasn't ashamed of what happened with me and Chris but I wasn't sure how I was. Did he regret sleeping with me? Did he think he wasted time on me because I was bad in bed? I didn't really think I was bad but how would I know, Chris was my first. Would Chris tell me if he thought I was bad? Maybe I should move to the guest room just in case, or should I wait for him to say something.

There were too many questions running through my head and I can't answer any of them without Chris. I looked at the clock again and saw it was 7:19am. I climbed out of the tub and started my bathroom routine. Just as I was about leave the bathroom, I heard Chris call my name. I then heard him spring out of bed and rush to the bathroom door.

With two quick knocks, Chris called, "Raylynn, are you in there."

I took a deep breath and opened the door with a smile on my face. "I'm right here, what's wrong?"

Chris palmed my cheeks and looked intensly into my eyes, searching for something. He pulled me into his arms and said Good morning.

"Good morning." I said. My voice was steady and I maintained a calm face on the outside but on the inside, I was freaking out.

Chris lead my to the center of the bed and sat us facing each other. "Baby, let's talk."

My smile disappeared as my heart dropped Oh my God, he wants to talk, this can't be good-

"Get that look off your face. I just want to tell you that last night was amazing and I'm so glad I was your first and your last."

My cheeks warmed at his words but I needed to hear more so I don't misunderstand. "What do you mean?" A smile threatened to show but I refused to release it until he said what I thought he would say.

Chris laughed. "Baby, you know what I mean. I'm not letting you go. I was your first," He said, taking my hands in his and kissing the back of both. "and I'll be your last. I'm not letting you go, so know that there is an us from now on, no longer a you or me but a you and me."

My eyes watered at his words. I knew what he meant but I haven't felt so...loved in a long time, not since my mom left. To have Chris say he's keeping me, means a lot to me and I don't plan to let my insecurities keep me from having him.

Christian

"Morning, Mom." I said as Raylynn and I walked hand in hand into the kitchen.

"Hello, My lovelies." She greeted Raylynn and I.

I informed my mom about all that's happened with Raylynn and I the night I brought Raylynn home to stay.

She held out her cheek for Raylynn and I to kiss before sitting with Dad and Crispin for breakfast.

"Thank you again for letting me stay here, Mr. and Mrs. St. Victoria."

"Oh, Dear, please, it's fine. And call me Chelsea or Mom. I prefer Mom." She said with a wink.