Chapter Eleven

Christian

I led a blindfolded Raylynn to the gazebo. It was wide and the outside looked like a merry-go round without the horses and seats. There were white lights hung from everywhere. In the center of the gazebo was a circle table covered with a beautiful pale tablecloth. The table was set and the waiters were standing on the edges. There was a chef cooking on the grill a little ways away from where we would eat.

"Is someone grilling?" Raylynn asked.

"Yes." I laughed. I stood behind her and untied the bandana. "Happy Birthday, Baby." I whispered in her ear as I let the bandana fall to the ground.

She gasped. "Oh my God!" I could hear the emotion in her voice.

"Don't cry." I teased.

Too late, Raylynn was already sobbing. "This. Is. The nicest. Thing. Anyone has ev-ever done. For me."

I turned her away from the gazebo and embraced her. When the sobbing stop, I pulled away slightly and kissed away her tears. "Come on, let's eat."

"This is amazing." She said as I pulled out her chair and she sat. "This is seriously the most wondrous thing anyone has ever done for me. I mean the whole day. Nothing I say or do will ever express my gratitude."

"Do you plan on moving away and leaving me, Crispin and Grandma behind?"

She shook her head.

"Good because having you here with us is gratitude enough."

Raylynn

I couldn't get over how amazing everything today has been, the clothe, the food, and dinner at the end with Chris. "Are you ever going to ask me to be your girlfriend?" I asked as we sat in the car.

Chris briefly glanced my way. "You're already my girlfriend but I'll make it official if you like before I drop you off at home."

I nodded, then I remembered. "My bags! I left them in Grandma's car."

Chris chuckled. "Don't worry, I didn't forget. Grandma is meeting us at your house so you can get them and wear all your new clothes for me, starting tomorrow."

"Oh, just for you?" I raised one eyebrow.

"Just for me." He replied.

When we pulled up to my house, the first thing I noticed was the clothing and shoes piled in front of the door. The lights to the house were on but all the blinds were closed. "The hell is this?" I jumped out of the car to get a closer look, Chris and Grandma weren't far behind me. "This is all mine, these are my clothes and shoes!"

"Oh, my." Grandma gasped.

"What's going on?" Chris asked.

"I-I don't know." I looked around, and acrossed the street where my car should have been, was an empty spot. "My car's gone!" I turned to the door and knocked with all my strength. "Father! Father, what's going on?!"

"Your father isn't here!" Margret shouted.

"Why are my things laying out here, Margret?!"

"You don't live here anymore, take your things and leave, if you don't the police will be called in an hour." Meredith said, calmly through the door.

"Where is my car!?" I screamed, still banging on the door.

"I sold it, Margret and Meredith needed new dress."

I was seething with rage. "You sold my car to buy dresses!?! My car, the only thing my father's bought me since the day he brought you home, how could you, that wasn't yours to sell!"