Chapter Nineteen

Anna

"I need your advice, I'm told he's with her, he's in her hotel room as we speak."

"Anna, I don't know what to tell you. This decision is Christian's to make, if he doesn't want to be with you, who am I tell him differently?" Christian's mother explained.

"I understand the choice is his but his judgement is clouded because of that girl. If she wasn't in the picture he would come to me."

"Why do you think that?"

"Christian is trying to be a good guy. Good guys don't cheat, even if it is with the love of his life." I answered.

"So what so you want me to do?"

"I want you to set it up so that Chris and I have no choice but to spend time together alone."

"How?"

"I'm working out the details now. I'll let you know when everything is in place. Does this mean you'll help me?"

"I've always wanted to see you and Christian together." She nodded.

Raylynn

After hearing what Chris had to say, I can't lie, I miss him and I want him back but I refuse to play the fool. "I believe you." I told him.

Chris looked up, eyes blazing. "What does this mean?"

"It means I'll give you a chance. Grandma and I will come back home in two weeks time. I'm staying with her at her house and you and I can start again but we're taking it slow. That means no moving in together."

Chris' jaw dropped. "Starting our courtship over?"

"Yes, dates, hugs, kisses, no sex."

"I can handle that. Just promise me that when you come back you'll give me a fair shot, no holding anything we talked about against me."

I thought about it and realized that would be impossible. "Is Anna still going to be in your life."

He looked weary. "Yes, she's my best friend but I've talked to her, I've made it clear that the only capacity she can hold in my life is as my best friend."

I didn't believe it. Sure, he might have told her that but a woman like Anna isn't going to give up anything she desires just like that. "Alright."

"So where can I sleep?" Chris asked.

"On the couch, I'll bring you a few blankets and a pillow."

~February 13th~

Christian

"Thank you for all your help, Crisp, I promise to take you to the movies next week." Valentine's day was tomorrow and Crispin helped me set everything so it was perfect. Raylynn and I had been taking things slow and I was hoping that by the end of the day tomorrow we'd be where we were before the incident with Anna.

"Yep, no problem." Crispin responded and ran up to his room.

The plan was for me to be straightforward and honest. I want the surprise to not be the trip I have planned but the set up when we get there. We're going to my family's cabin that sits in the woods.

My phone vibrated in my pocket, it was a text from Raylynn.

Raylynn: How am I suppose to pack?

Me: Cozy?

Raylynn: It'd be easier if u told me where we're goin'

Me: Nope

Raylynn: ... >:(