Chapter Seventeen

Raylynn

My phone was ringing and vibrating heavily on the bedside table in my hotel room. I looked at the clock that lay beside it, and read that it was about 1am. I was too tired to think to look at the display and just answered.

"Hello?"

"Who do you think you are? We were meant for each other and you're ruining everything!" The voice shouted.

Taken aback, I sat up in my bed cleared the sleep from my thoughts. "Who is this?"

"'Who is this.'" The voice mocked. "It's Anna, you bitch. I don't know what gives you the nerve but if I were you, I'd steer clear of Christian. We are meant to be and the longer you hang on to him, the worse it's going to be for you."

I raised an eyebrow at her statement. "Are you threatening me?"

"No, I'm giving you advice. Leave him alone, that way when he leaves you for me, it'll hurt less."

I sighed. "Anna, he's all yours." And with that, I hung up.

Anna

I hung up. I was shocked, this was going to be easier than I thought. I was fully prepared to have to tell Raylynn about my history with Christian to make her back off and it turns out, I didn't have to.

I picked up my phone again and this time dialed Chris.

"Hello." Chris' warm voice filtered through the speaker.

"Hey." I purred. "How are you?"

"Busy. If this isn't important I'll have to let you go."

"What's got you so busy? Maybe I can come to the office and help you de-stress."

Chris sighed deeply. "Anna, I'm trying to pretend I don't know how you feel about me so we can back to being friends. I need you in my life but I also need Raylynn. You're my best friend, she's the love of my life, can't we all just play our roles?"

I shook my head in frustration. "No, I will not play second fiddle to her! She said I can have you so there is no reason we can't be together!"

"She said- you talked to Raylynn! When, why! Did she tell you where she is?"

"Chris, lover, I talked to Raylynn not too long ago and she said she doesn't want you anymore. She said we look perfect together and that she can see now that you and I belong together. And she's right, we do belong together. Can't you see that?"

"I can't see that, Anna, I need her in my life."

"Then let her be your friend, I want to be the one to share your bed every night and to carry your children, have your ring on my finger, It should be me, not her!" I started to scream.

"I'm sorry, Anna, it can't be that way." And Chris hung up.

I looked at my phone. "It will be that way.

May

I paced around my room, biting my acrylic nails off of my fingers one by one. "This isn't fair, too much competition."

I knew I was better than Raylynn and that I could easily defeat her in a battle for Chris' heart. The problem was Anna, she was flawless, rich, and most importantly, had history with Chris. A lot of people don't know this but when it comes to matters of the heart, history has the capability to beat out beauty.

Knock knock

"Come in!" I shouted at the door.

One of my daddy's henchmen stepped into my room. "The information you wanted, Ms. May."