Chapter Twenty-Four

Raylynn

"What?!" Chris shouted close to my ear.

"Sir, we have to move to a save location." One of the security guards said as he ushered us into another room.

Chris nodded his head, took my hand as well as Crispin's and lead out behind the guard. As we left the stage, the lights flickered back on.

Anna

"You failed! If you think I'm paying you after this freak show you have another thing coming!" I shouted into my phone.

"Listen here you spoiled little bitch, the show's not over yet and the girl hasn't left the building. Sit back and let me do my job and keep your threats to yourself." He said before hanging up.

Back on the stage, Christopher stood and ordered the building to be shut down. "No one gets in or out until we find the culprits!"

Shit, I've got to get out of here.

Christian

"Tell me, I want to hear it from your mouth." I ordered Raylynn.

There were tears in her eyes but she stared me straight in the eye, "I'm pregnant."

"You're pregnant." I repeated.

"Pregnant."

"Pregnant." I said again, this time with a smile. I swung Raylynn into my arms and kissed her all over her face. "My God, I never thought I could be so happy."

"Thank God for that." She replied as she motioned for me to set her down.

"How far along are you? When did you find out, and why did Crispin know before me?"

"I'm sorry, I wanted you to be the first to know. I was planning to tell you after the party, which I assumed would be a huge success. I took another pregnancy test just before I got dressed for the party just to be sure. Crispin wanted my help with his costume and stumbled upon the pregnancy test. I swore him to secrecy."

"Alright, I understand so far."

"I've suspected I might be pregnant for a while now. At least this past month but to find out how far along I really am, I have to make a doctor's appointment."

"We will make a doctor's appointment. No way are you going without me." I said as I kissed her lips.

"Alright already, stop with the kissing." Crispin groaned.

Facing the guards I asked, "Any news on the situation out there?"

The guard tapped his earpiece and listened intently. "We caught the guy that grabbed Ms. Raylynn and we're interrogating him now. So far he hasn't given up who hired him.

There was a knock on the door. All four of the guards drew their guns before one of them went to the door to open it, letting in Topher and two other guards. "Mom, Dad, and Grandma are gone. We put them in a car and sent them to the Miller's beach house just in case Raylynn isn't the only target."

I nodded, "And the rest of the guests?"

"We're keeping everyone in the ballroom until we find the culprit?"

"You think whoever set this all up is here?" Raylynn asked.

Topher nodded. "I figure whoever hired this man would at least want to watch and make sure what ever was suppose to happen went down without a hitch. I doubt that even if they tried to leave they would have made it out before I had all the doors locked."

"Let's look at the guest list. Is there anyone in the ballroom that isn't on the list? Send one of the guards to the ballroom to take a head count and another to the kitchen to the kitchen manager." I ordered. Two of the guards nodded and left.