Chapter Five

Christian

Knock knock

"Come in." I shouted at my office door.

"Hey, your guy came and dropped off the file." Jake said, handing me said file.

"Thanks." I said.

"What's in it."

"Information about someone important." I said as I read through the file.

"Who?" Jake asked, leaning over my shoulder.

"You don't need to know what's in this file, get out." I told Jake.

"Fine, I didn't really want to know what was in it anyway." He muttered as left my office.

The information inside it surprised me, Raylynn Johnson was 20 years old, she lived with her father Charles Johnson, her step-mother Helen Glen-Johnson, and her twin step-sisters Margret Glen-Johnson and Meredith Glen-Johnson. The name Margret sounded familiar but I couldn't place it.

Charles Johnson was the owner of the multi-million dollar beverage company, Copepli. Helen didn't work and the twin sisters were enrolled at the local university while still living at home. My poor Raylynn was jobless until now and wasn't enrolled at any college or university.

Margret and Meredith Glen-Johnson were both students at Keiser University, my university. That's where I know the names from. The were both still freshman due to ther lack of attendance and overall poor gpa's.

"She's his daughter, why isn't she in school." I whispered to myself.

I read further and found the source, the Copepli company was on the verge of bankruptcy. According to my private eye's notes, due to Helen and her daughter's over-spending, dislike of Helen's presence at company meetings, and business deals falling through, Copepli hasn't made a profit in almost two years. Raylynn has a car registered under her name but that's it.

"So my girl has to suffer the consequences." I muttered as I shook my head.

I read on, looking for information about Raylynn's mother and other family. The file read that Raylynn's mother committed suicide 13 years ago after Charles filed for divorce and she was kicked out from the family home. Her mother, Glenda Johnson's mother died years earlier due to diabetes and her mother's father was never in her mother's life. Her only sibling, a sister, died from a heroin overdose.

I was actually surprised there hadn't been any surprise doctor visits due to abuse.

Charles was an only child and his parents died in a car accident seven years ago. No aunts, no uncles, so he and Raylynn are the last blood members of their family.

I put the file down and closed it. I was now more determined than ever to make sure she had everything she needs to get away from them.

May

How does Raylynn know Christian St. Victoria? This doesn't make any sense, she doesn't do anything besides sit at home cleaning and cooking, how the hell did they meet? I had to do more than just say I'm Raylynn's friend now, that won't be enough for me to get close to Christian and get him to fall for me.

I picked up my phone and text Raylynn.

Me: Hey girl

Raylynn: Hi

Me: What r u up to?

Raylynn: Cleaning

Me: Oh. What r u doin tmorw?

Raylynn: Work

Me: Cool cool. Any plans 2 hang w/ Chris?

It took Raylynn a while to text me back so I was afraid she'd caught on to my true intentions.