Chapter Three

Raylynn

I arrived home after parked my car down the street in my friend May's driveway where I usually kept it. That was the way to keep it out of Helen and her evil brats' hands. I was expecting to be yelled at as soon as I opened the door, instead I found the house empty. I looked round and found a note from my father.

Got tired of waiting for the tea so we went to Lucky's to eat instead.

At the bottom of the note was a message from Helen.

While we're gone, clean up the kitchen and make sure the house is spotless.

I crumpled the note and went to the kitchen to start cleaning.

Two hours later, I was finished and everyone came home. "Hey, you cleaned the house, this looks wonderful." My father said. "Here, I got you a steak with desert."

I took the box from his hand and opened it, everything was mashed and mixed together. "What was it supposed to be?"

"Oops, looks like everything spilled all over the place. The banana pudding is everywhere."

I looked at my father, first with horror and then with acceptance, acceptance that he no longer loved me and no matter what he said e didn't care about my well being. "I'm allergic to bananas, father. If I eat any of this my throat will swell and I'll die unless I can reach my epi pen in time."

"Oh, Raylynn-"

"So ungrateful, we went out of our way to get you food and now you won't even eat it, claiming so allergy!" Helen huffed and stomped away.

I ignored the hurt of Helen's words and my father forgetting about my allergy. I walked to the basement, shutting the door behind me. Once on my bed, I found my earphones and listened to Pandora on my phone, choosing the Drake station.

My music was interrupted moments later when I recieved a text from Chris.

Chris: Hey lady ;)

Me: Hello

Chris: I miss u

Me: U haven't known me long enough 2 miss me lol

Chris: I know enough about u 2 miss u

Chris: What r u doin tmrow?

Me: Job hunting

Chris: After?

Me: Not sure

Chris: Let me take u to the movies. My treat.

I thought about it, then replied.

Me: OK. I'll text u when I kno where I'll b

Chris: Ok c u then :)

Me: Bye

Chris: Dream of me

Me: ...no

Chris: Y not? >:(

Me: Lol Good night!

Chris: Meanie

Me: U just want the last word

Chris: So what if I do?

Me: Stop it! I want the last word >:(

Chris: Fine u can have the last word

Me: Thank u

Chris: Ur welcome

Me: night

I pushed the home button and turned over on my bed to put my phone on it's charger. I got a good night's sleep because I was finally content with the way my life was. My family didn't love or like me but I had two friends that actually gave a damn. All I had to do now was find a job, save my money, and then I'd be able to get away from father, Helen, Margret, and Meredith.