Chapter Four

Raylynn

"Hello, my friend!" My best friend May answered.

"May, I got a job!" I screeched.

Christian looked at me, a wide grin gracing his face.

"Really, I'm so proud of you!"

"Thank you." I giggled. "I'm having a celebratory lunch/dinner at St. Victoria's hurry up and get here. The table is under..." I looked to Chris.

"St. Victoria." He whispered.

"St. Victoria."

"They already pay you? How can you afford to eat there?"

"My friend is paying for me."

"Oh, alright, I'll be there in ten minutes, ciao."

"Ciao." I hung up.

"Who is May?" Chris as, his head leaning to one side.

"The only other friend in the world I have." I answered.

He nodded. "How long do we have to wait?"

"May said ten minutes but in real world time it's actually fifteen."

We laughed together.

Fifteen minutes later, like I predicted, May strolled in. "Hello, hello." She said as she wrapped me in a hug.

May was a 5'6 slender red head from Los Angeles. Her family moved here to Miami, Florida five years ago. She looked like a model, men fell at her feet and women everywhere were jealous. I'm lucky she decided to be my friend.

"Hi, I've missed you." I say back.

"Oh, you miss her back you can't miss me?" Chris says.

"Who, is this?" May purrs.

Chris stands up and offers May his hand. "Chris, nice to meet you, May."

May walks over, takes Chris' offered hand while also stealing my chair. "What, pray tell, are you doing here?"

"He's my friend, May. He heard I got the job and offered to buy me lunch in order to celebrate." I explain while still standing.

Chris, still standing as well, moves in front of the seat that was suppose to be May's and moves me to his old seat. He waits for me to sit, scoots his chair closer to mine, and then sits as well, leaving me sitting effectively between Chris and May.

"So Chris, do you have a last name?"

"I do." He answers monotoned.

"Can you tell me what it is?"

"Why does it matter, we're here to celebrate Raylynn's job."

I buried my head in my menu, pretending to look for something to eat while I listened to their banter.

"Whoo, girl I knew you could it, way to go." She says to me then turns back to Chris.

"Are you single? Is there a future Mrs. Chris somewhere out there?" May persistently continues.

Not wanting to hear the answer to that question, I interrupt. "What have you been up to May, it's been days since I last saw you."

"I have been traveling the world, you know I'm trying to be a model, all I need to do is make the right contacts and I'm on my way." She smiled. "What do you do, Chris?"

"Are you excited to start working, Raylynn." Chris ignored her.

"I am, I just-"

"How old are you?" May cut me off.