Chapter Eight

Christian

Yes! She likes me back! I cheered in my head.

"Yeah, he even pinky promised me."

"Are you sure he said me and not someone named May?" She persisted.

Again with May. I hope she gets it soon that I don't like May in any way shape or form.

"Who's May?" Crispin asked. After tonight, I owe this kid big time, ice cream every night until he's old enough to retire.

"No one, nevermind." Raylynn replied. "Did he say anything else about me?"

I could hear Crispin humming as he thought.

Make something up if you can't remember and make it good! I wanted to shout at Crispin.

"He said you were beautiful and that I'd understand how he felt about you when I was older." He shrugged.

I never said that but that was good, no it was brilliant!

I decided now was the time to make my appearance. I grabbed all three bowls with a fork in each and walked through the kitchen swinging door.

"Lunch is served." I announced.

Crispin and Raylynn broke from their huddle and Crispin found a seat at the table.

"What were you two talking about?" I ask with a huge grin on my face.

"Nothing." Raylynn says quickly.

"Just talking." Crispin says smoothly. Who does he get this stuff from? I wonder.

I shrug my shoulders and sit beside Raylynn as she and Crispin dig in. "Good?" I question.

Crispin nods his head and Raylynn mumbles a yes with a full mouth. I look at her and see she has spaghetti sauce on her cheek. I take my thumb and wipe it away then put the reminisce of the spaghetti sauce in my mouth. Raylynn blushes due to my actions. "Man, I really know how to cook." I smile then dig into my own bowl.

Raylynn

He knows, what I heard. I know he heard me and Crispin talking and now he knows that I know that he likes me and wants me to be his girlfriend. I can tell by the way he's watching me from the corner of his eye, he's not slick.

"Can I help you?" Chris asks. We're in his car with Crispin in the back seat on our way to St. Victoria's.

"I'm just waiting for you to say something." I bluntly state.

"Say something about what?"

"I know you heard what Crispin and I were talking about in the dining room, you were gone too long not to have been eavesdropping."

Chris smirked. "So what if I was. what do you want me to say?"

"I want you to confirm or deny what Crispin said to me." I state.

Chris nods his head." Okay, I confirm everything Crispin said to you. Now what?" We were at a stop light so Chris turned his head to face me.

I looked at him with wide eyes of disbelief. He actually wanted me, me. Not May or some other chick, me.

Chris took my hand, entwined our fingers, and kissed the back of my hand, "I want to do this right, I want to take you on dates and woo you before I ask you to be my girlfriend. Is that okay?"

I was stunned and very,very happy, you've never seen me smile so big before. I was trying to play it cool though, so I tried my hardest to hide my smile and cooly nodded my head.