Chapter Twenty

Christian

Raylynn was blindfolded, I wanted our location to be a surprise.

"Are we there yet?" She asked.

I chuckled. "We're there." I took off her blindfold and waited for a response.

"Is this...?"

"It is."

"This is the house we were gonna buy together. How, you bought it without me?"

"I knew we'd eventually live here together, I wasn't going to let your dream house get away."

Raylynn turned and kissed me fiercely. "Thank you, I love it, I love you."

"I love you, too."

"Who helped you pick out the furniture?"

"A decorator, I'd love to take credit for all this but I hired a professional because I wanted it to be perfect."

"It is, thank you." She replied and kissed me again. "I'm gonna go explore." She said then took off.

I shook my head, I'm glad she loved it and didn't bite my head off.

"Chris!" Raylynn shouted from the main bedroom ten minutes later.

"Baby!" I shouted in the same tone.

"Are these my clothes in your closet?"

Alright, time for the real moment of truth. "Yes."

"How did they get here?"

"Movers, I told Grandma we were back to normal yesterday and she arranged everything." I gulped.

"Okay." She replied.

I walked into the bedroom. "That's it?"

"That's it. What were you expecting?" She asked with a tilt of her head as she sat on our bed.

"I don't know, I thought you'd bite my head off."

"Nope, I like it here, I'm alright with living here with you."

"Good, great, I'm happy." I grinned.

"Me too." Raylynn smiled.

Just then the doorbell chimed.

"Are you expecting someone?" Raylynn asked.

"Nope, and I'm assuming you aren't either."

She shook her head.

We walked to the door, Raylynn a distance behind me. I opened the door and found Anna standing there in a huge coat. Strange for the warm weather of Florida. "What are you doing here this time of night?"

"I haven't seen you in a long while so I came for a visit. Are you going to let me in?" She purred.

"No."

Having not have noticed Raylynn standing off to the side behind me, Anna opened her coat and revealed nothing but pink lingerie. "Please."

"Absolutely not and for the record, our friendship is over." I said and closed the door in her face.

Behind me, Raylynn whispered, "Wow."

"Baby..."

"I'm fine, I just can't believe people actually do stuff like that."

"I didn't know..."

"It's okay, Chris, I understand." She said as she wrapped her arms around me. "Let's cuddle on the couch and watch a movie."