Chapter Two

Christian

Thank God I found someone to help me. I need this to be perfect so I can get my parents to change their minds about marrying me off.

Beside me, I hear Raylynn's stomach growl.

I looked down at her, "Are you hungry?"

I could see a blush form under her light brown skin as she shook her head no.

Why lie about being hungry? I thought to myself. "Well I am and since I'm the one keeping you from the dinner you cooked, I'll buy you dinner instead.

Raylynn looked at me amused. The cutest smile graced her lips. "You don't have to." She whispered.

"I want to, it's not often I get to enjoy dinner with a beautiful woman who knows how to cook and isn't my mother." I nudged her.

The smile on her lips widened. "Thank you."

I took her hand and led her out of the store.

"What about the ingredients?"

"We'll come back tomorrow and get them."

"We will?" She sounded confused.

"You agreed to help me so I'm holding you to it." I smiled down at her. My 6'2 height making her short 5'1 height noticeable.

"Where are we going?"

"St. Victoria's." I answered. "Ever heard of it?"

Her jaw was slack. "Of course, St. Victoria's is a must whether you live here or come to visit."

"So you've been?" I asked excitedly.

Raylynn looked away from me as a blush creeped up her skin. "N-no. I've never had the chance."

I tug on her hand, pulling her to me until we were skin to skin. "Then you're in for a treat." I placed Raylynn in my car and drove to St. Victoria's. "We'll eat, I'll take you to your car, you'll give me your number, and we'll meet up again so you can teach me how to make lasagna." I told her as I held open the door for her.

"Thank you and okay."

As soon as we stepped in, I was greeted kindly by my Grandma. "Christian, my baby, how are you?!"

I returned her tight hug with one of my own. "I'm great, Grandma. My friend and I are hungry so we decided to stop by so you could feed us." Then, in a mock whisper, I added, "Can you believe she's never been here before?"

"You brought a girl, to my restaurant, to eat, you did?!" The pitch of her voice rising dramatically.

"Her restaurant." Raylynn muttered, astonished.

"Grandma it's not-"

"George, take them to the best table, give them the best wine and the best of whatever they want. What's the special today?"

"Four cheese stuffed ravioli ma'am."

"My dear, the four cheese stuffed ravioli is to die for." Grandma said to Raylynn as she dragged her along, following George.

"Mio dios." I sighed in defeat, following behind as well.

As we sat at our table, Grandma left and came back with some of the best wine our vineyard produces.

"Oh no, I'm only 20 years old, not old enough to drink yet." Raylynn kindly declined.

"Oh nonsense, we're celebrating, my baby brought a woman to meet his Grandma, that never happens. Ah, let me go get my camera, Christian's mother will never believe it otherwise."