Chapter Twenty-Two

Anna

"Why didn't it work, you said it would work and it didn't. You promised that Christian would want one of us and whoever he chose could have him but here we both are. Single. Without Christian, so what happened."

"Shut up, May, I don't know what happened. His mother said he and Raylynn were absolutely through and that he would be alone for Valentine's Day, the perfect opportunity for one of us to have him." I scolded her.

"Ony he wasn't alone, he was with her." May sneered. "So what's next, why have you called me here?"

"We're waiting for Chelsea, then I'll explain everything." My phone rang in my purse at that moment. "This is her now." I told May as I answered.

"Anna?" Chelsea said.

"Yes, Chelsea, where are you, we've been waiting for a while."

"I-I can't do this anymore. I understand how much Christian means to you and you know I want to see the two of you together but I just can't do this anymore. Christian is happy with Raylynn, what type of mother am I to try and take that away from him?"

"So you're chickening out on me!?" I screeched.

"I'm sorry, don't contact me again, Anna." And she hung up.

"What, what happened?" May asked.

"Chelsea doesn't want any part of this."

May stood, "Then I'm out as well. It's not like any of this was working anyway. I'll find someone way richer than Christian and live my happily ever after."

I watched May stroll away from the table as I fumed. This can't be the end, I don't know what I'll do if it is.

Raylynn

It's been three weeks since we've started the interviewing process and so far Meredith is the only one that's shown up. Helen, whose interview was two weeks after Meredith and Margret's interviews, refused to show up for hers until Margret's appointment was rescheduled. I declined so she didn't show up either. That's two strikes against Copepli.

"Ms. Johnson." I looked up when the temp said my name. "Mr. Johnson is here." I was feeling confident. I was wearing a peach colored pantsuit that was gifted to me by Grandam.

"Thank you, Ms. Cooper. Let him in."

"Ready?" Chris asked as he squeezed my hand to give me comfort.

I nodded. "I am. Everyone else?"

Christopher and Crispin gave me a thumbs up.

My father walked in. "Have a seat, Mr. Johnson." I said in a nice and sturdy voice. He was wearing a black suit with a white tie filled with green frogs. It was a present I got for him for father's day when I was nine years old.

"Welcome, interviewing you today will be myself, Christian St. Victoria, Raylynn Johnson, Crispin St. Victoria, and Christopher St. Victoria." Chris introduced everyone.

"Nice to see you all again." My father said.

"Before we get started, I would ask that you do your best and answer as honestly as possible. Margret and Helen Johnson didn't show up for their appointments so Copepli already has two strikes against it." Christopher announced.

At the news, my father looked angry. Apparently he wasn't aware they were no shows.

Crispin eased the growing tension in the room by adding, "We don't bite so don't be afraid, let's get started."

"We went through and asked my father roughly the same questions we asked Meredith.

"Which would you say you handle better, you business or your family?" I asked. I was done playing nice so I began to push.