Chapter Six

Christian

"Chris!"

"Crisp!" I yelled in response to my little brother calling my name.

"What are you doing?" Crispin asked as he climbed on my bed with a running start.

"I'm looking at-"

"Ooh is that your girlfriend?" Crispin asked, looking at the pictures of Raylynn and I that Grandma just sent me.

I laughed. "Not yet."

"Not yet, so you like her? Why, girls are gross."

"Give it five years, you'll sing a different tune." I replied.

"What's her name?"

"Raylynn."

"When does she get to meet me?"

"When I ask her to be my girlfriend you will be the first person she meets."

"Promise?" Crispin asked, holding out his pinky.

"Promise." I say, hooking my pinky on to his.

"Crispin Lester St. Victoria, get down here, it's time for your bath!" Our mother called from down the hall.

"Okay, Mom!" Crispin yelled back.

"I'll talk to you later, Crisp, and don't tell mom or dad about Raylynn."

"Aye aye." Crispin returned with a salute then ran down the hall.

"Christian!" My father yelled from downstairs.

"Yes, sir!" I yelled back. Now I see where Crispin gets it.

"Come to my study, I need to talk to you."

I left my room and went downstairs to my father's study. "Yes, Dad."

"Have a seat, Son." He directed me to one of the chairs in front of his desk. "You plan to take over the family business, correct?" He started.

"If Christopher still wants to open his own law firm, then yes, I'll take over the business. Why do you ask?"

He sat forward. "I want you to be happy but I also want you to be respected when you take over. In order for you to be respected, I think you should be married, engaged, or at least dating someone seriously before I hand you the company."

I nod my head. "I understand."

"Good. Do you have anyone special?" My dad asks.

I put on my serious face and intwine my fingers in front of me. "I've met someone, the one, and I know it'll be serious with us. I can really see myself marrying her, but it is new, very new, Dad."

My dad nodded his head. "Will it be serious enough for you to at least introduce your mother and I to her by the annual Halloween Ball?"

"Of course." I quickly reply.

"Good. I want to be the first to meet her."

"Sorry, Dad, will you settle for third behind Crispin?"

"Who's first?"

"Grandma's already met her."

"She likes her?"

"She loves her." I say.

Raylynn

"Family meeting, now!" My father screams at the top of his lungs. Our house was pretty large but not large enough for him to have to scream like that for everyone in the house to hear him.