Chapter Ten

Raylynn

How is that your fault? How is that your fault!? Who usually cooks breakfast?!"

"I do." I stated.

"Who usually cooks lunch?!"

"I do."

"And who normally cooks dinner?!"

Once again, I said, "I do."

Helen clapped. "And since you weren't here when everyone woke up, who was suppose to cook?!"

I looked around the kitchen. "Well, Margret could have done it, Meredith could have done it, Father could have done it, and of course, there's you. You could have cooked breakfast, lunch, and dinner, especially since you don't have a job and I assume you weren't out shopping all day."

Helen stared at me, trying to scare me into taking back what I just said. "Have you ever known me to cook?" She asked.

"You cooked from the time you walked into this house until I was 14 years old, old enough to cook, you said."

"Cooking is your chore, Raylynn, it's what you are supposed to do to contribute to the house." My father said.

"Yes, sir." I said. "May I be excused now that that's all out of the way?" I asked but didn't wait to hear his answer.

"She's so ungrateful, Charles, why do we put up with this?" Helen said.

"You should kick her out, Daddy." Margret told my father.

"Make her beg to come back." Meredith added.

I was too far away to hear or know if my father replied, but knowing him, the new him, he probably agreed with them.

~ Eight Days Later (December 12th) ~

Christian

"Why did you wake me up so early, Chris." Crispin whined.

I placed my hand on Crispin's head. "It's Raylynn's birthday, I thought you wanted to help her celebrate?"

He perked up. "I do, what do you want me to do?"

"Take her to breakfast. Anna will be the driver, she should be here any minute now, you'll take her to O'Charley's, pay, and then Anna will take her to the next location."

"I don't have any money." Crispin frowned.

"Don't worry, I'll pay." I said. I reached into my wallet and handed Crispin my black card. "Make sure you tell her before you order, that she can get whatever she wants and that you're paying with my card."

Crispin nodded.

There was a honk from outside. "That's Anna." I fixed the nice suit Crispin was wearing and made sure his hair was perfect. "Alright, go, have a good time." I called and pushed him out the door.

Raylynn

My phone kept going off and I honest didn't know why. It was 7:30am, who would be calling me at 7:30am? I looked at my phone display and it read 'Crispin'.

"Hello." I said groggily.

"Raylynn, I'm outside your house, wake up!" Crispin said excitedly.

"Why are you here." I said, alarmed, as I sat up in my bed. What if Helen sees him? What if my father sees him and knows who he is? I thought.

"It's your birthday, I'm taking you out to breakfast, Chris gave me his card so I'm paying." Crispin said.

I looked over to my makeshift closet, which was really just clothes racks, and found the dress Chris gave me last night when he dropped me off. At least now I knew what it was for.