Krulgalkrul

She opened her eyes slowly, not quite certain if she really wanted to wake up just yet. Lifting her head, she realized that her companion still lay beside her, silent and unmoving. It was odd, as he would typically be awake and working by the time she awoke, but she wasn't going to object. She laid her head back on his chest and closed her eyes as she listened to his breath and heartbeat.

"Shall you sleep through the day as well?" she heard him mutter. She lifted her head back up to look at him.

"I wasn't going to sleep, I was waiting till you woke up, I guess I didn't need to wait long." she replied. "When did you wake up?" he said nothing. "Do you ever intend on answering my questions?" she questioned.

"Do you intend upon rising?" he replied.

"As a matter of fact, no! I'm quite comfortable." she said, laying her head back down.

"Well, then here we shall stagnate until carrion gain an interest. But at least you will be comfortable." he mocked.

"Oh keep your hair on, I'll get up." she shifted, moving closer, straddling him. "Is it being a commander that makes you so bossy?" she muttered, pressing a kiss to his jawline. She moved across him and stood from the cot. She turned, making her way to the jug of water. She barely noticed the creak from the cot before she felt the forceful grasp of his hand on her waist pulling her against him. She could feel as much as hear his low growl as his hot breath hit her neck.

"Oh no you don't!" she said pushing his hand away as she stepped out of his grasp. "Go have a bath and we'll talk." she said with a smirk. He crossed his arms as he glared at her.

"And you accuse me of being despotic." he grumbled.

"Go on, you poor, oppressed peon you." she laughed. He raised an eyebrow but exited the hut to do some unknown, menial task he always seemed to find. She shook her head with a chuckle as she filled the cup of water she had mostly lost interest in.

She got dressed and brushed her hair, ignoring Ghashnaga's intermittent looks of impatience regarding her "elven niceties". She did, in fact, exit the hut and engage in her own daily chores, none the least of which, gathering the proper wood to feed her smoker. "You know, if it hadn't been for this damned thing, those orcs wouldn't have found me." she said.

"I would not be so quick to pass the blame onto a useful tool." he replied, as he boiled the fat from their last hunt. "If you had stayed your arrow-"

"They would have found me, and I wouldn't have had the advantage." she interrupted. He glared at her but turned back to his work.

"Perhaps it was an unavoidable encounter." he muttered.

"Thank you! Finally, some appreciation for my dilemma!" she said.

"Though you could have handled it better. And that would exclude insulting the orcs in their own tongue." he said with a faint smirk.

"Hey, all turned out well, with little to no injuries!" she said with a laugh. "Speaking of which, how's your back?" she asked.

He gave a curt, "Fine." as his only reply. He had been stirring the pot of fat, but abruptly stopped. He was silent for a time as he knelt by the fire until he broke the silence. "Elayin," she gave a, "hmm?" in response. "What would you have done had I not come back?" he asked. She paused for a moment in her work to think. Then she shrugged.

"I don't know, I guess I might have thought of something. Or maybe not. But you did come back, so it doesn't matter. Why?" she asked.

"Because it was an unavoidable encounter..." he whispered. She set the wood she held aside and approached him. She laid her hands soothingly on his shoulders, ignoring as she felt him tense on contact.