Krakgalkrith

Ghash could hear the sound of voices in the hall above him. Songs and laughter echoed through the walls. They were celebrating? While Mordor continues to rally its forces mere miles away? As everything they held dear was hanging in a balance of strength? Well, he supposed it was probably a good thing. Assuming they were correct and Isengard wouldn't attack again, then it was good to raise their spirits for the time being. Still, it seemed rather frivolous. Though to be fair, his people would likely have done something similar, so he really didn't have room to complain.

The prison cell was icy cold as he sat in silence. There was no guard watching him that day, they were most likely preoccupied with the festivities above him. It was a constant cacophonous drone of voices all the while he sat in silence. He didn't know what to expect come morning. Would they kill him then? Would they just keep him in there perpetually? That wouldn't be logical, but men weren't prone to bouts of sensibility. Was there any point in trying to escape? He didn't know what was next in the war. He didn't know if Rohan would willfully neglect the remaining threat until it struck. What was going on outside his walls? What had become of the other kingdoms of men? What of the elves? For that matter what had become of Isengard? Why were they no longer a threat? No Uruk would have surrendered. Well... No Uruk other than him, but that was different.

Did they believe that one battle was enough to eliminate all of Isengard? All of his race? What of his master? Surely the men of Rohan were not so naive to think that was the end. While he had no love of the men in Edoras, he wished just one of them would come down and explain what was going on!! He would take the elf, anyone to tell him what was next! He looked up as he heard a sudden lul in the voices above him, accompanied by a strange, almost inaudible sound. It was odd and muffled, and while he could hear it, it wasn't clear enough for him to define, so he had to simply ignore it. He leaned back on the stone, only to sit back up with a wince, being painfully reminded of his ribs. He pulled off his bandages chucking them aside as he turned laying upon the stone ledge. He breathed a sigh.

The sound faded and soon after, the voices rose again, as loud as they'd been before. He would have tried to sleep, but there wasn't much chance of that with voices above him, so he just lay there glaring at the stone above, rapidly remembering how much he hated man. Maybe he'd get some answers in the morning. It's not like he had anything better to do, so he would just sit and wait.

Dawn had broken, met by Dani as she approached the bedroom door. Standing there as she approached was Legolas, who jumped as he saw her. "My lord, you haven't been here all night!" she questioned.

"What? Oh no, no, no, only for a few minutes. I didn't want to disturb her if she was still sleeping, but I haven't heard anything from her." he explained.

She nodded in understanding. "I shall take a look in, and see how she is." she said. He nodded and stepped back as she opened the door. "My lady?" she asked as she opened the door. Every window in the room stood wide open, as Elayin stood, facing the morning wind, a look of stony calm on a darkened expression. "My lady! You haven't left the windows open all night! That's not good for you!" she exclaimed as she ran to close all the windows. Elayin caught her arm as she reached for the one which she faced. Dani was a little surprised by this action but didn't argue, stepping wordlessly back. Elayin didn't say a word, barely blinking as she looked into the distance. Dani backed quietly out of the room, a look of concern on her face.

"So? How is she?" asked Legolas anxiously.

"Um... Im not sure. You can try to get to her if you like, but I wouldn't expect too much." said Dani. "I sorely hope you can, she's barely eaten as is, and if she starts turning food away... See what you can do." she added before walking away to the kitchens. Legolas took a deep breath before walking in. He moved slowly, as if concerned that too much sound or movement might set her off.